Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    The hacked version ,posted in this thread, works great.
    Yes, AIM/MSN perfectly.
    No conncetion issues - the disconnection issue was prior to the hacked verison.
    As I just got through posting, unfortunately that's not the case for me. Data mode constantly disconnects and reconnects the EVDO network with the VeriChat hack. Maybe I'm the only one with a problem, but you can't say there are no connection issues because I had them. Is there anyone else here using Data Mode successfully, or is everyone using SMS mode?
    Data mode works great for me on Sprint with the hack.
    Data...Sprint....works as good or better then it did on my 650!
    some people dont realize that this hack wont work if you have even one file left from old verichat. I was going mad over this and found it was my own ignorance that i didnt follow instructions correctly. When i configure verichat from scratch, it didnt gave me problem since. Everytime i swap battery or do soft reset, verichat push connection to power vision automatically and remain active. Even after call it automatically connects itself. And now i dont have to worry about missing call, thanks to EVDO functionality.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Interesting......for those of you who use the data mode successfully, are you all on Sprint, or does anyone have Verizon. Second question: are any of you using Chatter? As for the last poster, I used ZLauncher's File Manager to remove all traces of VeriChat before I installed the hack.
  6.    #26  
    Eshan makes a good point...the hacked version will not work unless the old Verichat files are removed.

You can search the threads for the instructions, but bascially, you need to do is:

1.) Delete Verichat app
    2.) Do a warm reset (search for instructions)
    3.) Delete any files have Verichat in name (using FileZ, LauncherX, etc.)
    4.) Install Verichat hacked version.

I've done this on nearly dozen Sprint 700Ps and it works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Sprint w/data: Verichat works so beautifully now. I just got my first IM from a friend while my 700p was in my bag. It brought tears to my eyes
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Without crashes you say? Hmm, does the hacked version help VC run without crashes on the 650?
  9.    #29  
    I don't know about on the 650...you could try it, but I doubt it would help. The 650 has several OS and hardware problems that Verichat has no control over.

my 650's reset all the time. Verichat was not to blame, but rather the crappy OS.

They fixed something in the OS for the 700p,because now it is very solid. And Verichat runs great on it.
    And the hacked Verichat doesn't ask me for a serial number or anything -- free free free! I've never used Verichat before, the hacked version was the first install and now I have a free killer chat app!
    I'll make sure to use this when I get my treo 700p.
  12.    #32  
    Sonny,

The hacked version does NOT give free service.

You still need a license.

Look at the license menu...you will see an expiration date.
    Anyone seeing weird Chatter behavior using the hacked Verichat? My flags/unread/read marks are all messed up. Messages are coming in marked read. Not sure if VC is the cause or something else is up.
    my 650's reset all the time. Verichat was not to blame, but rather the crappy OS. They fixed something in the OS for the 700p,because now it is very solid. And Verichat runs great on it.
    Well, I'd give you a partial "ok" on this one. This instability was a combination of poor memory model (and no protection) and Verichat's apparently big apetite for DBcache. All the 700 did was increase the limit -- and now VC skates by with it's pigginess. But a pig is still a pig. Frankly, Palm missed the boat on real improvements because the 700 still runs Garnet. *sigh*

The 2.89b release did fix NVFS issues... but it left so many other problems unresolved, including DBcache consumption. Enjoy the extra headroom on the 700, but don't try to use more than 8 sockets at once! (LOL)
    Sonny,

The hacked version does NOT give free service.

You still need a license.

Look at the license menu...you will see an expiration date.
    OH nuts you're right! It says demo until July 9th... how on earth did that happen? LOL.
    Finally tried the hack and my VeriChat is back like old times! Kudos to amtartar!!
    I gave up on Verichat. Due to problems with 700p support, I let my subscription expire. I asked if they'd be willing to discount a renewel upon fixing the 700p issues and I got a very fast "No" response.
    Works awesomely here. Thanks.
    i'm having inconsistency with the hacked version...at first once i installed it...the SMS was working great...but now (1 hour later), no SMS are coming through

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jax80; 07/26/2006 at 12:18 AM.
    Very novice question here but can someone tell me the following:

What is the advantage to using SMS as opposed to data or vice versa?

I finally have this app working and would like to know what is preferred and why.

Thanks.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast