1.    #1  
    I just got a replacement 650 from lockline as my original 650 fell one too many times and the screen cracked. This is a brand new unit that was factory sealed. There is a noticable orange/red tint on the new unit compared to my existing one. When looking at both, I really don't like the new screen. Maybe I wouldn't have noticed the difference had I not had another unit to compare it with but it is very annoying to get a worse screen.

My search on these forums found people complaining of an orange tint on some of the new 700P's but nothing between a 650 and 650. Has anyone heard of this?

I guess I should try calling lockline and telling them this new unit is broken and to send me another one. But I do not want to pay a dime for it. Any ideas. Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    On the 650?
    All the time.
    Some see it specifically on the Hardware "B" units, whereas I've had one on a Hardware "A".
    I prefer the bluish tinted screens myself.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  3.    #3  
    This new one is hardware B. Is it just a newer production date than hardware A. Any other reasons why I would want B? I am doubtful there is even a way to get a new hardware A. Lockline will send me a new one at no charge for delivery in 3-5. I guess I will take the better of the two but I don't think I will be able to keep on complaining about the orange tint if it happens again.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Hardware B seems to have some difference in the audio jack area (that doesn't seem to help prevent the jack from going out anyway).

Nonobeez knows the answer to this.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51