Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Somehow my data settings got reset and verizon tech support was no help

I know my #@vzw@3g.com

and password: vzw

But what should the HA password be?

Can someone on verizon please do a #*#3282# and let me know please?
    My HA password is unassigned. The login name for data should be ##########@vzw3g.com, with password "vzw". Only 1 @.

It should also restore all the correct settings if you do a *228, and pick option 1
    yup, i got the same settings too ...

i have a different question related to data mode. (I'm a bit of a newbie and this might seem incredibly stupid). After using the web, how do i essentially "logoff"?

Whenever I click on 'home' or 'phone' or any other application for that matter, the data connection is still in use ... in other words i still see an icon on top of my signal meter, meaning i have a data connection going.

How do I hang up?
    Hey palmtreoman,

I'm a newbie also, but the only time I see the data connection being made is when the phone is turned on, and the handshake is made. As far as I would think, the data connection remains on all the time. Thats just idot me thinking that's how my phone works..................Matt
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Do have any Primary HA or Secondary HA adresses? Try pressing modify(you can cancel after the fact)

msl is 000000
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Also, when I try to do *228 and option 1 it doesn't work, turns out my HS SN: is blank and my Software version is all weird too, palm is replacing it, but I would like to try and get it running in the meantime
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi
    I have the 700p with Chattermail....
    my treo seems to do a connecting to broadban every 5-10 mins....is this normal behavior??
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Still no luck, with:

Username: ##########@vzw3g.com
    Password: vzw
    HA password: tap to set/unassinged
    Primary HA: blank
    Secondary HA: blank

Guess its just going to be waiting for a replacement with no data capabilities for a week or 2. This stinks!

Also, drpepr: you can change the way chatter connects via preferences or edit mailbox.
    Have you done a hard reset?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    many times
    If you go to Phone Info (Menu+I from the phone screen) what does it say your verizon username is?

Under #*#3282 everything is blank -- no UN is specified there.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    even after you press modify and enter the

msl: 000000

?
    Yep.. all blank. It must be entered elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Thats weird, I guess the phone really is defective, hopefully I'll get my replacement soon, this sucks, not having access to any data.

Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

It would help if I could just reprogram the phone but that doesn't work either via *228 or *22899

Verizon said they would replace it, but it would be refurb, so since its within

30days and defective palm said I could get a replacement from them, just waiting for the treo store to set it up.

Nothing like this ever happenned to my 650.