Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I didn't see a thread like this so I thought this would be nice for the newbies (aka me) or anyone for that matter.

What are some of the shortcuts, tips, or tricks that everyone knows for the treo. Thanks!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  2.    #2  
    Alert Screen: Hold down the center button for the 5-way nav. on either the app screen or phone screen.

Dim screen: Press Option+Menu

Quick Jump in App Screen: Type the first couple of letters of the app you are looking for.

Easter Egg: Go to preferences; Click on Power; Draw a counter-clockwise circle in the lower right corner of the screen (buttom of circle will go over the Tips Button but the top of the circle will be above the Tips Button)

Beam Business Card: Press and Hold the Phone Button

Treo Codes: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=codes
    Last edited by BabelFish; 06/28/2006 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    Alert Screen: Hold down the center button for the 5-way nav. on either the app screen or phone screen.

Dim screen: Press Option+Menu

Quick Jump in App Screen: Type the first couple of letters of the app you are looking for.

Easter Egg: Go to preferences; Click on Power; Draw a counter-clockwise circle in the lower right corner of the screen (buttom of circle will go over the Tips Button but the top of the circle will be above the Tips Button)

Treo Codes: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=codes
    What does the easter egg do?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    How do you even create a business card? I thought beaming drained the battery.

Also, I was checking Amazon for a Treo tips book and they had one by Patrick Ames but it was mostly the 600/650 Treo. I wonder if the book would still be value added for someone just starting out with the 700p for the first time.

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crownzeal
    How do you even create a business card?
    In the Contacts app select the record you want for your "Business Card", then Menu-->Select Business Card, Tap "Yes" to confirm. You should then see a little beaming business card icon on that record.

You can beam it from the Phone app, with Menu-->M.

Quote Originally Posted by crownzeal
    Also, I was checking Amazon for a Treo tips book and they had one by Patrick Ames but it was mostly the 600/650 Treo. I wonder if the book would still be value added for someone just starting out with the 700p for the first time.
    If you're talking about the "Now You Know" book it's alright and in my opinion would be helpful to someone new to the PalmOS Treo platform. Note that there is a version for the 700w, so I'd expect a 700p one pretty soon.

ERic
    Last edited by ERicJ; 06/28/2006 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Add info on "Now You Know" book
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    In the Contacts app select the record you want for your "Business Card", then Menu-->Select Business Card, Tap "Yes" to confirm. You should then see a little beaming business card icon on that record.

You can beam it from the Phone app, with Menu-->M.

ERic
    Oh, cool. Thanks!
    I cannot seem to get this to work, just seems to be reloading phone screen over and over.

Also, in Blazer "backspace" goes back one page and "n" goes forward one page.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I'm pretty sure that is a function of Butler...
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    What does the easter egg do?
    I'd like to know this also.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenRen
    I'd like to know this also.
    At a random time a tiny taxi cab drives across your screen from right to left.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7
    I'm pretty sure that is a function of Butler...
    Actually that is a function of PalmOS. Any Palm PDA has this capability...
    Is there a keyboard combo to force keyguard? One of my Treo600 keys (I think it was Option-phone) had a lock on it. I never used it, but now that streaming wmv and wma requires the screen to be on, I'd like to at least lock my keys so I dont' accidentally stop the stream if I put it in my pocket. Thanks in advance
  13.    #13  
    Blazer SpaceBar: will put your focus in the Address Bar
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    I cannot seem to get this to work, just seems to be reloading phone screen over and over.
    Do you have a business card established?
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBergEB
    Actually that is a function of PalmOS. Any Palm PDA has this capability...
    Unless it's a Treo... The phone button is not like the contacts button on a regular Palm. There is an option under miscellaneous utilities in Butler to re-enable this function.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7
    Unless it's a Treo... The phone button is not like the contacts button on a regular Palm. There is an option under miscellaneous utilities in Butler to re-enable this function.
    What he said. The only way to accomplish this without Butler (or another app/hack) on the Treo is to set one of your hard keys to "Contacts". Then you can hold that button to beam your business card.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Actually, try holding down the center button on most apps and the alert screen is invoked.

Speaking of center button: while typing SMS, hold down center button for smileys.

In Versamail (if you set it to a hardware button or opt + hardware - I have mine set to opt+envelope button), repeat the hardware key press to cycle through your email accounts.

All for now............
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  18.    #18  
    Ping and Finger!

View commands
    Prefs->Network->Menu+V (Network Log)->?

you can type ping and finger and other commands like that.

I saw this in other thread and I thought this was neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr

Speaking of center button: while typing SMS, hold down center button for smileys.

All for now............
    Good tip!!!

-t
    Treo 700p -->> 755p
    thanks folks
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast