1.    #1  
    OK, I know the usual fix for this. BUT, I had to load the 5.201 update directly to my 700p without any prior version of TomTom to build upon. I am now getting the following error, as expected:

"Unable to create handheld database. SyncCreateDB returned 4019.
    HotSync Exchange synchronization failed
    Protocol Error: The requested command is not supported (4019)"

The DIFFERENCE is that within my Exchange/To folder is just ONE cabinet file named "engf" and in that file are 2 data and one voice files.

Does anybody know what will happen if I delete the cabinet file or rename the Exchange folder? I had no problem on my 650 deleting the .nav & .cab files, but this is a little different.
  2.    #2  
    Nobody has any guesses, huh?
  3.    #3  
    Another friendly bump.
    No harm in copying the files someplace else and then deleting them ... have you tried yet ?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    No harm in copying the files someplace else and then deleting them ... have you tried yet ?
    No, only because I know if it results in a cabinet error, it will completely disable TT and I'll have to remove the app (after PowerRunning everything else back to RAM), reformat the card, reinstall everything over again and re-PowerRun everything else back to the card.

I was curious to see if anyone knew the answer before going in that direction. Thanks Jack.
    Copy the entire card to your Hard drive.....TT Tech support says you can't restore that way but I have doen it...twice
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Copy the entire card to your Hard drive.....TT Tech support says you can't restore that way but I have doen it...twice
    Great tip, thanks. I'll give it a shot (next week, after my long weekend in the Adirondacks).
    I've got the same problem -- no dice on deleting cab files moving, etc.
  9.    #9  
    crap
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I installed the 5.201 update with nothing to build on as well. I did get the error you are talking about. I just deleted the exchange folder under my user name on my hard drive and everything worked fine. It worked for me but try at your own risk. I really don't want to mess up my friends here at TC
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    I've got the same problem -- no dice on deleting cab files moving, etc.
    ricochet, did it cause any new problems, or just not solve the old problem?

Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    I installed the 5.201 update with nothing to build on as well. I did get the error you are talking about. I just deleted the exchange folder under my user name on my hard drive and everything worked fine. It worked for me but try at your own risk. I really don't want to mess up my friends here at TC
    wbwjr, thanks for the advice. Did you delete the Exchange folder _immediately_ after install or, like I might do, days or even weeks later?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    wbwjr, thanks for the advice. Did you delete the Exchange folder _immediately_ after install or, like I might do, days or even weeks later?[/QUOTE]

I just deleted it after the initial hot sync error. When I hot synced again it went away and I have had no more re-occurrences.
  13.    #13  
    Got it, thanks.
  14.    #14  
    If anyone's wondering, renaming my Exchange folder did the trick. No problems whatsoever.
    I finally deleted the .cab files in that exchange folder, and my hotsync cleared up. Dunno why. Sorry for the late reply, treocentral's not emailing me anymore when topics I've watched are updated. (yes, I have that selected in my preferences and log in enough to keep it active...)_