Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Do you guys purchase your SD cards from the Treo store here? If not, where can I find one on the cheap? I've never owned a device that had an SD slot, so I'm also unsure if there are compatibility/vendor issues that I should be aware of. Please enlighten me.

Same goes with the card reader. You can't have one without the other, right? I'm on a Mac so this is all a first.
    I have bought 2 card readers a usb that reads 6 diff kinds of cards, and one pcmcia for the laptop that also reads 6 diff cards, they are generic , Eba% ones paid like $10 with the shipping and i have never had a problem at all with any of them.
    I'd just go get one from Staples - the pricing scheme is pretty ubiquitious across bricks and mortar retailers and online stores. If you intend to use your Treo extensively as an MP3 player grab the biggest card you can afford - a 2GB. If you only plan to use it for a few files and photos and overrun from the Treo onto a card you can get away with a 512MB card, which is what I use. If cost savings are paramount importance you may be able to get a deep discount on a used SD card on Ebay - an SD card isn't something that "wears out" so if you can accept the usual amount of Ebay risk, you can find a good deal there usually.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    If you intend to use your Treo extensively as an MP3 player grab the biggest card you can afford - a 2GB.
    I haven't even used the Treo as mp3 player yet, but I might have to soon. I wouldn't ever get rid of my iPod, but it's nice that the Treo packs everything into an all-in-one device.
    You may also want to look at the Sandisk UltraII SD Plus cards (see http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(1096)-SanDisk_Ultra_II_SD_Plus_Cards.aspx). I have been using a 1 Gb on a Treo 650 for a few months without problems. The nice thing about these cards is that they can plug directly into a USB port, so you don't need a separate card reader.