Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Go ahead, Flame me. Yes this topic has been covered probably in many posts but I feel better expressing it myself, aaahhh. I have purchased and returned the Plantronics 640, the 645, Palm remake of the plantronics, Sony HBH-660 and finally the Nokia BH-900, None, None of these worked flawlessly. Each had some connection problem. The 640 and 645 would often disconnect and would have to be re-paired followed by a soft reset to make them re-connect. The Nokia would freeze the phone unexpectedly. The HBH-660 would disconnect in the middle of a conversation. I tried each of these headsets on my wife's Samsung A900 and none of these had a problem pairing or staying connected. Yes, I know, the Samsung is no Treo, and I wouldn't want to trade my Treo for a Samsung, but why doesn't Palm come up with a fix sooner rather than later.

Yes, for all you nit picky posters, I know some of these are not on the "compatible list" at Palm but some are and still don't work correctly. I have reverted back to a corded headset for the time being, hoping Palm will soon fix the Bluetooth issue.

FL
    try setting it to visible and see if that helps, worked on mine.
  3.    #3  
    Yes I did try this and it really didn't change much. Thanks for the post.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Two thoughts:

1) Is there a reason you haven't tried the Jabra JX-10? While it's my first BT headset and I have nothing to compare it to, it always stays connected while in range, and automatically re-connects when you come back into range or when you take it off the charger. Hasn't dropped a call yet. In 3+ weeks of use I only had to re-pair it once when the 700p somehow lost the its BT profile. Only downside I've seen is that the range not close to 30 feet before the static kicks in.
    2) Maybe you have a bad 700p, or the BT files have gotten corrupted, or you have installed some 3rd party software that is interfering with BT. You could do a hard reset, and then without installing anything else, try the 645 or get a JX-10. If those fail to work after a hard reset, I'd get another 700p.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 06/28/2006 at 08:28 AM.
    I have only one thought(that max's me out) to dcpmark.
    I took the first bluetooth plunge went for Jabra JX-10 since it seemed so highly recommened and it is not what I hoped for.
    I am constrantly having to re-pair. Many times have to go all the way back enabling, disabling BT, etc.
    Lots of people have complained about sound quality, but usually when I am in older heavier structured buildings(don't ask me why).
    Lots of other people have also said "eh, BT isn't there yet, especially for the Treo crowds".
    I like using that little bittty head/ear piece. Its easy enuff to overcome the minor complaints I get, I just cancel the headset, problem solved.
    the re-pairing is a pain in the **** tho.\
    OK, my one thought has smoke coming outta my ears, gotta find a sprinkler.
    Danny
    I've been using the Jabra BT500 with the 700p for a couple of weeks without a single problem. Pairs immediately, never drops calls, crystal clear sound usually. It doesn't have the range I was hoping and I get static if there are obstructions between the headset and phone, but I have it in my breast pocket most of the time so don't have any problems.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for your suggestions. I guess I was just venting as I read all the posts on BT. I will probably stick with the corded headset until I see an update from palm. I truly believe some folks are not having problems with BT but I think many are. This problem is probably getting addressed by palm but they are so secretive about upcoming updates that it leaves us with no choice but to be patient and wait for their fix.

FLane
    I have a Motorola H300 and the only problems I've had have been when I have used the BT for something else, such as PDAnet over BT, and then try to get the BT Headset to repair. Sometimes it works, sometimes it gets screwed up. Sometimes it requires a reset to fix, but if it comes to that, the reset has always worked.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Below is my post in another BT thread:

Bought the Treo BT headset (basic) $55 from TreoCentral Store.
    The reviews I read were average but the convenience of using the same charger as the T700p was a big plus.
    For me the risk was about $25 because I was gonna buy a spare charger anyway.
    So far so good.
    Works great. Reception and sound levels are great
    Based on other threads- I never turn BT off on my 700p.
    No problems connecting.
    Initially had problems pairing (couldn't get the headset to show a solid light to pair-was about to give up then it worked)
    I am very pleased so far.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    If you are willing to try another Plantronics headset, try the Voyager 510. I have been using one for 6 months now and no problems. and the new ones have a windscreen built into the microphone. CompUSA sells them for $50, but you might find it cheaper online. It is a really good headset and comfortable.
    No problems using the Motorola H700
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    If you are willing to try another Plantronics headset, try the Voyager 510. I have been using one for 6 months now and no problems. and the new ones have a windscreen built into the microphone. CompUSA sells them for $50, but you might find it cheaper online. It is a really good headset and comfortable.
    The 510 is great on the Treo 650, however, it is listed as incompatable with the Treo700 (check palm BT chart). I know, as I have used the 510 with both the treo 650 and 700.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane
    Thanks for your suggestions. I guess I was just venting as I read all the posts on BT. I will probably stick with the corded headset until I see an update from palm. I truly believe some folks are not having problems with BT but I think many are. This problem is probably getting addressed by palm but they are so secretive about upcoming updates that it leaves us with no choice but to be patient and wait for their fix.

FLane
    Of course it's your decision, but I'm surprised that you would wait for Palm to fix something that, if it ever comes, may not solve your BT problem. Don't you want to know if you have a bad 700p, or a corrupted BT stack? Your unit should be new enough to be exchanged rather than repaired. Back up your unit, try a hard reset, then try again with an approved headset without installing anything else.....and let us know your results!
    I have a Plantronics 320 which works brilliantly -- but has poor reception. I'll probably go to the JX-10 but since I my car works with the 700p (and I do 85% of my handsfree in the car) I've been bumbling along without it so far.

Steve
    Jabra BT250v works flawlessly with great reception
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    Of course it's your decision, but I'm surprised that you would wait for Palm to fix something that, if it ever comes, may not solve your BT problem. Don't you want to know if you have a bad 700p, or a corrupted BT stack? Your unit should be new enough to be exchanged rather than repaired. Back up your unit, try a hard reset, then try again with an approved headset without installing anything else.....and let us know your results!

Thanks, I will try what you suggest and post my results.

FLane
    Here is another vote for the JX10. Been using for a day and a half with no problems. Also the cheap Treo Wireless Headset seemed to work pretty well also....
    JX10 Got my vote as well been using it for 3 week with no problems
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I just had Sprint replace my 700 because I was getting static on my JX10 if I had the phone on my belt. People were complainning about how bad I sounded. The new 700 fixed the problem. People noticed the improvement today without me even telling them. So there are some 700's out there with bad bluetooth radios. I did not have a connection problem with the JX10. It connected fine with the old 700.
    I tried the Jabra BT350 for a couple of weeks and returned it - not loud enough and bad in any noisy environments. I sprung for the Jabra JX-10, and it's almost perfect. It doesn't have built-in mute, and the noise cancellation still leaves something to be desired, but most of the time, it's crystal clear, loud, and I haven't had any pairing or connection problems with my 700p.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast