Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    How do you delete this driver. I cant find it when I'm in the launcher and go to the pull down menu to delete it. I'm also running Resco Explorer and cuoldn't find looking in RAM.

Is there a different name to it?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889
    How do you delete this driver. I cant find it when I'm in the launcher and go to the pull down menu to delete it. I'm also running Resco Explorer and cuoldn't find looking in RAM.

Is there a different name to it?
    I believe he meant the driver on your PC... in device manager, under palm.
    In my opinion, the cause of the battery drain is due to the NEW location of the power key. I've looked down and found the thing turned on in the case MANY times per day. I have even had it turn the phone connection off (due to holding of the power button), which is why I discovered the problem. Seems like a bad move to make the power key the highest button (height-wise) of them all.....
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    In my opinion, the cause of the battery drain is due to the NEW location of the power key. I've looked down and found the thing turned on in the case MANY times per day. I have even had it turn the phone connection off (due to holding of the power button), which is why I discovered the problem. Seems like a bad move to make the power key the highest button (height-wise) of them all.....
    This might explain battery drain for those with tight pants...lol...j/k.... but seriously, i think that wouldn't explain most users' problems with the battery. Especially those that have it drain at night or those that are constantly on it.
    I ran into a recent problem with a GSM unlocked 650 where the battery would rapidly discharge. In fact I have two batteries and both respond in the same way. The rate of discharge became faster and faster until it reached the point where the phone was all but useless. Could only use the phone if plugged into the charger. Soft reset did not fix the problem. Was about to do a hard reset but first checked the Palm site and found the following fix which WORKED!!!!

If the warm reset fails, try the in-cradle reset. An in-cradle reset will reset the charging circuitry in a rechargeable device. This is helpful if your device turns off as soon as you turn it on, or if it doesn't seem to be charging when you connect it to a power source.

The charger can be any type of cradle or cable that charges your device. The important bit is to make sure the power adapter is plugged in and supplying power to your device during the reset.

Connect your device securely to its charging cable, and connect the cable to a power source.
    Use an unfolded paper clip, or the reset tool at the tip of your stylus. Gently press the RESET button inside the hole on the back panel of your device. All data on your device should be retained. If you do lose data after a soft reset, you may have a more serious issue with your hardware that requires a repair.
    After a soft reset, the Welcome screen appears, followed shortly by the General Preferences screen (to set time and date).
    Origins
    Whoa, mearly 2 months without a battery problem and then, last night, whammo. My battery went from 100% to 6% in just 5 hours and the thing was generating some serious heat. No explanation for it -- it was just sitting on my desk. No apps should have been updating, no email fetching, no backing up, nada. After a soft reset, it repeatedly asked me if I wanted to turn on BT (which I always keep on) and reset a few more times. Finally I hit NO and got it to stop resetting. Today, so far, back to normal.
    It is the same thing for me. My treo battery normally works fine, even with Chatter checking e-mail all day long. But every now and then it does something wacky, and drains the power like crazy. I usually notice when I put my hand in my pocket, where my treo is, and feel that it is really hot. This morning, I caught it pretty early. It had drained from 100% to 70% in about 90 minutes. I reset the treo, and it appears to have recovered.

Someone has got to have a better explanation for this.
    I really wish that there was an app like the windows task manager that would let you see - when this happens - what apps are using the CPU...
    I am a new 700P owner, previously a 650, on Verizon. I installed Techsounds, and love it. Have been a registered owner for some time.

With the new 700P I have noticed that the power on and power off sounds play intermittantly when I have cut the PDA off...i.e. the phone is on but the screen is off. This happens even if I have let the phone go into power off on its own... The rate seems to vary from every few seconds, to every couple of minutes. I CAN and have selected the sound to play for power up/power down as NONE, so that I don't hear it, but this makes me wonder about the battery life being 1 day for a phone that's not being used. No talking and minutes of web use.

I have wirelesssync running with push from them for Yahoo and my Outlook on the work computer running with the conduit to push, and the latest Butler version registered and running.

I think some program is constantly activating the power up/down cycle and draining the battery. I have installed this keyboard driver as a fix and the sounds have not stopped. I made sure the bluetooth and beam recieve option are turned off, to save battery. I also turned off GPS, so that it's only during 911.

Any advice, background or issues you know of with constant apparrent power on/power off cycling and battery drain?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    For your sound prob? under sound & alerts, look under phone alerts, do you have "coverage in/out" on , or Signal Faded on ?

This could be the reason for the sounds.

I have Techsounds and don't experience this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Hey Noodle,

That was one of the first things I checked when I noticed the constant cycling of the power on/off noise. They are both off.

Thanks anyway....good catch on my missing data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb
    Also, wouldnt scheduling the bluetooth to turn off at night(when you dont use it) save on battery drain?
    What app can do this? I have RadioControl to do this for the radio, but didn't know this could be done for BT as well...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I did the download and my gps & battery icon indicator was still flickering in the phone pad mode. Will Palm put out an upgrade that may correct this problem and also the hanging up problem?
    Howard
    Verizon 700P
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    robragland, Have you spoken to the developer of techsounds? I 'd be curious to see if they have any input.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I gave up and called the Verizon tech folks and ended up agreeing to do a hard reset and slowly reinstall the apps. I must say the hard reset helped a ton and i was very happy with the result which was a battery that was at 40% or so when previously i had to connect the charger towards the end of the day.

I had the keyboard app prior to the hard reset and don't have it now. i use Snappermail and check often. I must write 10-5 emails a day and use probably 100-200 mins/day. I have a 4,000 plan with nitghts and weekends plus unlimited internet and use all my time plus the weekends and lots of internet.

There has been a lot of thought put into all the posts on this thread and I am very appreciative for the energy invested. I think Palm with come up with an update soon, nothing to support that other than history. the hang up thing is very annoying and no one seems to believe there is a fix for CDMA. I ran a GSM 600 ad 650 since inception and the hang up works on GSM. I hear over and over it is something overlooked in the original CDMA architecture.
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
    Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has figured this out. I just got my 700P and there's a lot of flickering going on.....naturally I wish I had noticed whether it was occurring before I installed a bunch of apps. I have turned off BT, the locator, the IR port....nothing really made a difference. I'm not sure whether my battery life is good or not, as I keep it in the cradle at work most of the day. Certainly by now some hotshot has tracked this down....do ALL 700P's flicker, or am I just lucky?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234