Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have to say that I don't have problems like that either. I took my phone off on 10 am or so, it's now 645 and my battery is 73%. (Surfing web, taking notes, in and out of new york subways). My gps and BT markers don't flicker though.

Did you ever have a wireless keyboard driver in the past, and then take it off?
    Seems like an interesting fix.

Are any of you using push or syncing email on a regular basis?

I will do a test with this driver in the next few days. I will first do a control tomorrow beginning tomorrow morning after a full charge. I will try to keep track of my device use and try to duplicate it Friday morning with the driver installed for a comparison. I will update with my results.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    I only here about gsm models in this thread but will this workaround also help with a cdma treo700 also?
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Seems like an interesting fix.

Are any of you using push or syncing email on a regular basis?

I will do a test with this driver in the next few days. I will first do a control tomorrow beginning tomorrow morning after a full charge. I will try to keep track of my device use and try to duplicate it Friday morning with the driver installed for a comparison. I will update with my results.
    I do have the keyboard driver and I've done the changes noted here. The 'crosshairs' logo did stop blinking, and I found out my IR port has been ON all this time. The jury is still out as to whether or not it improves my battery life.

I do run Chatter with 3 mailboxes always 'online' and when I run Causerie in the backround, my battery takes a serious hit especially when streaming content or running other apps. I'm currently cycling between 3 batteries every TWO days or so.... sheesh!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Cool. So are you able to restore normal Bluetooth and IR functionality by turning the keyboard driver off?

Thanks,
    Vincent
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Has this fix worked for any Sprint 700p-ers?
    Seems to help battey life on my Sprint 700P... wierd indeed!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    I only here about gsm models in this thread but will this workaround also help with a cdma treo700 also?
    Mines a CDMA (VZW). Not a GSM. Please don't confuze the GSM & GPS technologies. GPS "global positioning system" (that little cross-hair symble to the left of the BT. Hope that helps to clarify.
    Treo 600 (VZW) --> Treo 700p (VZW)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    aznmode,
    That is the best battery performance I've heard yet. Do you have BT enabled during the day?
    TIA
    I only have bt on when I go to work and when I go home so I can use my headset. about 50 min total.
  10.    #30  
    BTW.... UPDATE.... Had a big Treo use day. This morning 7:00 am unplugged. Checked SnapperMail a few times manually (disconnect after each manual send/receive), had a 69 min conference call with it on Speaker Phone, sent/received about a zillion SMS', sent four MMS pics, checked SnapperMail four more times down loaded a good bit of email, checked voice mail four times, took six pictures, and one movie, and......

.... at 10:46pm just before plugging in to charge for the night the battery level was at 24%. A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT.

BT off and Beam Recv off entire time.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Has this fix worked for any Sprint 700p-ers?
    Not for me. I am on Sprint. I have the keyboard power management installed and set as described in post #1. I have Beam Receive off. I don't use SnapperMail or Chatter. I use VersaMail for pop3, but it is manual pull down only. I use Sprint BC for corporate mail. I went to bed last night and my battery was at 77%. Got up this morning and it was at 29%. Something is definitely not right. I will try again tonight with BT off. But, geez...this is silly.
    I have a little better battery improvement, but i dont think its because of the flicker of the screen, i think its more due to the IR port being shut off .i
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    I have a little better battery improvement, but i dont think its because of the flicker of the screen, i think its more due to the IR port being shut off .i
    In the beginning I did have my BT off (didn't have a BT headset) and Beam Rec'v was off (been turning that off since way back when I had my first Palm IIIc) to save battery. But on my 700p I still had terrible battery performance. This worked for me. CRAZY. Something is going on.

I still get SMS lockups. I did try three BT headsets and all sounded good on my end but the persons on the other side said it was real bad. Didn't beleive them so I sent my self several voice mail to my home and then listned. They were right.

Can't wait for the first Palm Treo software upgrade.
    This did not seem to do anything for my Sprint 700p. But then again, my battery life seemed to have gotten better on its own even before I did this. With light use, my 700p lasts a little more than 2 days for me now (still a bit worse than my 650) and it looks likes this didn't make a difference.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I did the install and it appears as though the flicker has intensified on the gps crosshairs! I have bea off, bt off, did the kewboard install, why me?
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroprophet
    Mines a CDMA (VZW). Not a GSM. Please don't confuze the GSM & GPS technologies. GPS "global positioning system" (that little cross-hair symble to the left of the BT. Hope that helps to clarify.
    you misunderstood my question, i only asked because some apps run differently between the two models(cdma & gsm)and i use gps on my ppc, so i know the difference,i will try this later tonight and see what happens and thanks for your answer anyway!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    you misunderstood my question, i only asked because some apps run differently between the two models(cdma & gsm)and i use gps on my ppc, so i know the difference,i will try this later tonight and see what happens and thanks for your answer anyway!!
    There is no gsm model. Verizon and Sprint are both CDMA. Cingular and T-Mobile are the major GSM carriers. They don't have a 700.
    It seemed to help on my Sprint Treo 700p. Thanks!
  19.    #39  
    Ljj8503 - sorry about the missunderstanding on my part.
    The flicker is now gone. This was worth it just for that.

Without this driver, I dropped my battery to 48% on one day and 38% the next, both after 11 hours of use, but probably differing amounts.

Tomorrow, I will test this with the new driver and see if there is an improvement.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast