1.    #1  
    Just switched to a 700P from a 650. Very often when hitting Send/Receive attempting to download my email in SnapperMail I get "Error:3000 Data service is unavailable in this area. .....". I retry and it sometimes takes 1 or 2 more tries and then it downloads for me. This happens when I'm in a good service area so that isn't the problem. This was almost never an issue with the 650. It's really annoying because 50-75% of the time I'm retrying instead of having it download right away. Anyone have the same problem? If so is there a way to fix this?
    I haven't had any trouble w/SnapperMail on my 700p; it sounds like EV-DO is glitchy in your area...
    Snapper works great for me too.
    Same, Snapper has been great for me. I did grab the latest version, maybe you need to make sure you are running that.
  5.    #5  
    I have the latest version of SnapperMail. How would I know if EvDo is shaky? I had none of these problems with regular Vision on Sprint. PowerVision could be the reason for this? Is there a way to check and see if that's what's causing this? If so what would I do to fix that? BTW I live in the Los Angeles area.
    I just installed Snappermail today and have gotten Error:3000..... occasionally.
    I don't think it's a Snapper issue. I've gotten intermittent errors like this when my 700p is first connecting (or reconnecting) to vision service -- in Snapper, Blazer, or anything that needs a network connection.

Are you getting these errors with an active data connection (e.g., using Blazer just fine and then go into Snapper and can't send/receive)? Or is it just when you pick up your phone and hit the Mail button to update Snapper after your phone's been idle for a while?
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    I've had the same problem. I think it's EVDO related as others have suggested.

There's a little green EVDO icon at the top of my screen that winks off and on, and I think that what we want is a solid green icon. It's strange, because I live in Los Angeles and we're supposed to have strong EVDO coverage...

Cheers!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    SnapperMail user here and I have not gotten the "Error: 3000" error message on my 700p.
    All,

I live in the Seattle area and have noticed this problem quite a bit from a stationary location with four bars of signal strenght. It is almost as though the EVDO is being "throttled" by Sprint to conserve bandwidth. I have noticed it not only with Snappermail but also with 4Cast and Directory Assistance. I will usually get a usual network sign on once. If I try again in 5 minutes I get the error message. I have had this happen when streaming music as well. This may not be a function of Snapper or other applications at all! It may be solely a function of conserving bandwidth. I tried XWeather demo and found the same behavior as well.

Regards,

Jim
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    All,

I live in the Seattle area and have noticed this problem quite a bit from a stationary location with four bars of signal strenght. It is almost as though the EVDO is being "throttled" by Sprint to conserve bandwidth. I have noticed it not only with Snappermail but also with 4Cast and Directory Assistance. I will usually get a usual network sign on once. If I try again in 5 minutes I get the error message. I have had this happen when streaming music as well. This may not be a function of Snapper or other applications at all! It may be solely a function of conserving bandwidth. I tried XWeather demo and found the same behavior as well.

Regards,

Jim
    The only time I get that message is when I am digitally roaming on Verizon and not on Sprint. Try checking if your phon eis roaming when that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroTwin
    Just switched to a 700P from a 650. Very often when hitting Send/Receive attempting to download my email in SnapperMail I get "Error:3000 Data service is unavailable in this area. .....". I retry and it sometimes takes 1 or 2 more tries and then it downloads for me. This happens when I'm in a good service area so that isn't the problem. This was almost never an issue with the 650. It's really annoying because 50-75% of the time I'm retrying instead of having it download right away. Anyone have the same problem? If so is there a way to fix this?
    I have been having this problem for weeks now. This is NOT an EvDO issue.
    What 3rd party apps, if any do you have installed on the 700p? If I do a hard reset and use no 3rd party aqpps I never get the error. Once I install one (or more) of the following it happens 100% of the time. Once the error occurs the first time, I need to attempt to connect at least two times to either mail or web without the "Error:3000".

VolumeCare
    Snappermail
    Uninstall manager
    Resco Explorer
    Ringo Pro
    PalmInternals
    CityID

All of the above apps are the latest versions. There is one, or a combo of these that are causing this. I am currently working with the author of one of these apps to see if the problem is with his app. I've been running since yesterday with a hard reset and the above apps installed and no "error:3000" as of yet. Ihave left one app from the install and have installed another one 1st before I install anything else. So far so good.
    Will update later tonight....................................

Also I forgot to ask, do you get the error only in Snappermail or also when connecting to the web with Blazer (or what ever app you use)?
    I've experienced that same error message on my T650, but not on my 700p. I don't think it's a 700p issue.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    No 3000 errors using SnapperMail here. But I have gotten this message a few times when my phone was set to allow digital roaming, and the signal had switched to roaming. Doesn't sound like that is your problem, tho, thought I'd mention it...

I have noticed that in areas with only 3-4 bars of EVDO, my treo locks up when data transfer is in progress (i.e., opening a web page or viewing SprintTV). The lock-up can be escaped by switching apps thereby escaping from the current app you're in, but it doesn't seem to recover on its own (at least not in a reasonable amount of time). There is no such lock-up in weaker areas when using 1xRTT or in strong signal areas where EvDO exists.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I installed the latest version now I have no problem. I had occasional issues with an older version. Snappermail support has always been great with me. Maybe try them with your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh
    The only time I get that message is when I am digitally roaming on Verizon and not on Sprint. Try checking if your phon eis roaming when that happens.
    Where I live, there is all the time EVDO. I am NEVER in roam unless I am on the Kitsap Peninsula. As an example, tonight I was sitting in my car prior to work and used 4Cast. Got the usual sign on to network message and the download of weather. I IMMEDIATELY went to Directory Assistance to look for an address and got the Error 3000 no data service in this area message. Exited out of Directory Assistance and again signed back on and got no error message. All the while I had 5 bars of strength. Really has nothing to do with roaming in my circumstance on Sprint.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote
    I have been having this problem for weeks now. This is NOT an EvDO issue.
    What 3rd party apps, if any do you have installed on the 700p? If I do a hard reset and use no 3rd party aqpps I never get the error. Once I install one (or more) of the following it happens 100% of the time. Once the error occurs the first time, I need to attempt to connect at least two times to either mail or web without the "Error:3000".

VolumeCare
    Snappermail
    Uninstall manager
    Resco Explorer
    Ringo Pro
    PalmInternals
    CityID

All of the above apps are the latest versions. There is one, or a combo of these that are causing this. I am currently working with the author of one of these apps to see if the problem is with his app. I've been running since yesterday with a hard reset and the above apps installed and no "error:3000" as of yet. Ihave left one app from the install and have installed another one 1st before I install anything else. So far so good.
    Will update later tonight....................................

Also I forgot to ask, do you get the error only in Snappermail or also when connecting to the web with Blazer (or what ever app you use)?
    All,

I have had this happen with a completely naked T700 with no applications installed AFTER a hard reset. When I was troubleshooting the backup problems, I thought it might be an dBase Cache error with backup so stripped the phone to basic and used first Blazer and also OnDemand and got the message. I disagree about EVDO.

Regards,

Jim