1.    #1  
    Zagat to go phone numbers are no longer hyperlinked on the 700p!

This is a big pain in the ***, having to memorize the number and swith to the phone app... Anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    Zagat to go phone numbers are no longer hyperlinked on the 700p!

This is a big pain in the ***, having to memorize the number and swith to the phone app... Anyone else have this issue?
    Me too.
    Laissez Faire
    If I add one note (either one or many lines to a restaurant, etc.) Zagat takes it but when I go to add another note (edit the note) to the same restaurant, locale, it crashes the 700p. I can add one note to each place, but I cannot edit the note once it is entered. Is anyone else getting this behavior? Everything else seems to be working (don't know about the phone option which evidently allowed one to dial directly, all I see is an add to phonebook function).

I am running Zagat 4.0.1 R26 Trial Version. I doubt that this would be disabled in the trial.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have also had problems with zagat and the 700p. I no longer use it, because of this. It was crashing whenever I tried to enter my code for renewal, no matter what I did.

I suggest you use the handmark support site, to let them know of this bug.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    I have also had problems with zagat and the 700p. I no longer use it, because of this. It was crashing whenever I tried to enter my code for renewal, no matter what I did.

I suggest you use the handmark support site, to let them know of this bug.
    Yes, I contacted the support site via the web interface and directly by email but, judging by what I have read here, am not expecting too much.

I made it clear to them though. It's too bad because, my first impression is that the Zagat format AND the Treo make it winning combo. I'm thinking of paying for the first year and hoping they fix it soon.

Thank you for your reply.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Keep us posted on how it goes. I, too, would love to keep the program on my treo, but it does not seem stable enough.

Too bad.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Thank you for pointing out this bug. Handmark has been alerted of the problem and is investigating.
    Thank you for pointing out this bug. I have alerted Handmark of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZTG Guy
    Thank you for pointing out this bug. I have alerted Handmark of the problem.
    I hope that you are the Zagat Guy because I just bought the 1 Year subscription and the note field would be really useful. Fortunately, since I am not renewing but purchasing the service for the first time, the 700p did take the code provided by Handmark (I was relieved that I wouldn't have to go through a problem with that one). We are having a couple of small problems here that should be easy to fix.

Besides the confirmation letter telling me I would receive an answer in 24 hours, I have received no reply to either of my support requests to Handmark regarding the notes bug. Perhaps they will listen to you.

Thanks for posting!
    This bug will be fixed in v5.0 which is scheduled to be released in late October or early November. Thanks for your patience.
    This bug will be fixed in v5.0 which is scheduled to be released in late October or early November. Thanks for your patience.
    merged these threads
    Quote Originally Posted by ZTG Guy
    Sounds great, thank you!
    You can add the contact to the address book, call them that way (you don't have to memorize) and then delete the contact when the call is over. That's what i've been doing. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by GG_The_Fly
    You can add the contact to the address book, call them that way (you don't have to memorize) and then delete the contact when the call is over. That's what i've been doing. . .
    Yes, it's better than nothing but, hopefully they will get it back to the way it used to be.