1.    #1  
    With no 3rd party apps installed, Versamail autosyncing every 15 minutes, Bluetooth and Infrared turned OFF, screen brightness set to half-way, and spending no more than 20 minutes per day on the phone (voice & data):

1) My 700p battery lasts only 10 hours in a 1xRtt Network with low signal

but...

2) My 700p Battery only diminishes 52% during the same 10 hour timeframe when in an EVDO network with good signal strength.

Battery lasts twice as long in an EVDO network (when signal is stronger).

It appears to me that your signal strength and 1x network have a tremendous influence on battery drain.

My question is, why did my Treo 600 battery last for 2 days (over twice as long as the 700p) under the same conditions???
    Hmm...

This is a problem that appears to be inherent with some EVDO enabled phones that are NOT in EVDO coverage areas, but the PRL indicates that they SHOULD be getting an EVDO signal. The most notable instance of this is with the Motorola e815 and RAZR v3C/V3m phones. I had figured this issue was endemic only to Motorolas, but apparently this is not the case.

With the Motorolas, what's happening is that the MSM (Mobile Station Modem) is frequently trying to acquire an HDR (High Data Rate) signal when it can't find one. This may be what's happening with your 700p.

I remember somewhere else on this forum, there were hash codes that allowed you to turn EVDO and 1xRTT on and off. Perhaps turning off the EVDO capability might help?
    Last edited by scaredpoet; 06/27/2006 at 04:14 PM.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    It's #*#EVDO [dial] on the VZW 700p. By check marking the EVDO entry, I believe it will force an EVDO connection or none at all.
    You can either force an EVDO connection or disable an EVDO connection on your EVDO-capable device. To do this dial ##EVDO# (##3836#) on a Sprint device, or #*#EVDO# (#*#3836#) on a Verizon device.

This should display a form that lets you toggle the following two options:

Disable Broadband (1xRTT Only)

Force Broadband (EVDO Only)

Check each selection as necessary, or leave unchecked for automatic.
    i find when i'm on Toccer for 45 mins to an hour my phone battery will go from 80% down to like 20%, but i can use my phone for a few quick calls during the day and the phone will only be down to like 50%.. it seems like the battery drains too fast if i'm on the net... anyone have similar experiences?
    VZW units don't need the trailing #.
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rage
    My question is, why did my Treo 600 battery last for 2 days (over twice as long as the 700p) under the same conditions???
    My guess would be the screen makes a difference. The Treo 600 has a 160x160 screen, but the 650 and 700p have 320x320. At first glance, this may seem like a simple doubling of pixels. However, the doubling is for both axes. This results in 4 times more pixels for the 650 and 700p.
    The screen might be slightly more of a power drain, but it's not enough to justify that kind of a power drain. MY 700p and the Treo 650 I had a while back, lasted a lot longer than 10 hours on battery.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
    My old VM4050 had better battery life than my 700P...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Being in an area with low signal does kill battery life... The phone will constantly try and search for a better signal which will eat the battery quicker.
    I opt for an extended battery soon. It isn't bad all the time. like it has been said, depending on signal strength. I have all bars at work, and my 700P battery does hold up well all day, but when I am at home in the house it is a different story...drain, drain. When I go outside in my yard, I am back to full bars. My house must be built better than the company I work for...LOL.
    at&t iPhone3G