1.    #1  
    I'm using a Verizon Treo 700p to connect via bluetooth to a BMW 2006 330i. I've been struggling for days with a constant restart problem. The Treo pairs fine, but anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes after starting the car, the Treo resets. If the phone is still enabled after the reset (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't) the Treo will reset again.

On a guess, I decided that the problem is when the Treo is trying to synch up the favorites with the car since it works for a bit then gets into the reset loop. I used Filez to delete the favorites database file restart, then tried it. No reset. So after a few days of experimenting, it seems like any favorite that has more than one pause in it in the extra digits dialing is causing the problem.

Two examples, I had ",,,1111" in the extra dialing the Verizon voicemail (no I don't use all 1's its an example) and it resets. I changed this to "p1111" and it's not resetting. The one I can't work around yet is the work voicemail. You need to enter the extension then later the password. I tried "p1111#p1111#" and that resets the Treo also.

I like the 700p functionality, but it seems really fragile. I do little things and it's reset city on this thing. I had tried a Motorola Q and went back to Treo, but I'm really wondering. I had the 650 when it right came out and saw all the initial bugs, but the 700p just seems to reset much more frequently. At the least the Q didn't reset if you looked at it wrong.

To wrap this up, has anyone else seen issues with the Treo (the phone app specifically) restarting due to extra dialing digits when syncing with a car or anything else? I've tried deleting the favorites database and re-doing it all from scratch to avoid any corrupt file problems and still get the same result.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I had a BMW 540 w/ Bluetooth and with my old Treo 650, I found that any favorites entries with extra dialing digits caused reset problems when synching with the BMW. Removing the extra digits from things like voicemail was the only way I could avoid the problem. Other than that it worked fine.

I now have a 700p (and now drive an Infiniti so I can't test it against the bimmer) and have actually found it to be more stable (albeit a bit more sluggish) that the 650. I am a Goodlink user and the extra memory in the 700 is very welcome.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Commas before any extra digits cause my 700p to reset when paired with my X5.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the feedback. I never needed extra digits on my GSM 650 (didn't need the password on T-Mobile voicemail) so I can't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmass
    I had a BMW 540 w/ Bluetooth and with my old Treo 650, I found that any favorites entries with extra dialing digits caused reset problems when synching with the BMW. Removing the extra digits from things like voicemail was the only way I could avoid the problem. Other than that it worked fine.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, did you find anything to work around this? Did a "p" or some other character work or did you have to remove all pauses?

Quote Originally Posted by bdraper
    Commas before any extra digits cause my 700p to reset when paired with my X5.
    I have a VZW 700P and a 2006 M5 and it appears bluetooth is making the phone reset and and freeze on the verizon splash screen. The only remedy has been to do a hard reset. Unfortunately this has caused me to lose some data.

The problem is only intermittent and does not happen when I use my JX10. It did not oocur with my cingular 650 and the M5.

I tried adding a "p" to the password in voicemail but it still caused the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Thanks, did you find anything to work around this? Did a "p" or some other character work or did you have to remove all pauses?
    I didn't try any other characters. I changed my contacts to not have a comma in the first position of the extra digits, and the resets reduced. The frequency of the resets also reduced when I deselected the Dial Extra Digits automatically option.
    HTH.