1.    #1  
    First let me say I would Read The Fine Manual if I Had The Fine Manual, but I don't and I haven't been able to find the answer on the web or poking around.

That said I need for forward my Treo 650 (Verizon) to another phone number for a day and I can't find how to do so anywhere. Every other phone I've had has this as a menu option on the phone, but I'm not finding one on the 650.

Can anyone help, please?

Thank you,
    -Doc
    Would a local VZ store know how?

I'm not sure if the answer is in the Manual anyway.

That Said.....
    That RTFM thread has them available for DL.
    Just call me Berd.
    Go to Call Preferences in the Phone's Options menu (/A).

The first list is for call forwarding. You'll have to edit the available numbers to add the number you'll be at, then select that number from the list.

FYI, the Treo 650 user guide (generic version) is available as a PDF download from Palm's website.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Would a local VZ store know how?

I'm not sure if the answer is in the Manual anyway.

That Said.....
    That RTFM thread has them available for DL.
    I did manage to find and DL the manual and your guess was right ... it's not in there ... but they do manage to spend 2 pages telling you how to answer the phone (cuz that's complicated apparently /sarcasm off).

As far as the local VZ store goes, the ones in my area seem to have trouble getting dressed in the morning ... using a Treo has proven worlds beyond their capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockurtz
    I did manage to find and DL the manual and your guess was right ... it's not in there ... but they do manage to spend 2 pages telling you how to answer the phone (cuz that's complicated apparently /sarcasm off).

As far as the local VZ store goes, the ones in my area seem to have trouble getting dressed in the morning ... using a Treo has proven worlds beyond their capacity.
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockurtz

Of course I have a lot of nerve saying that ...

Sincerely,
    TheGuyThatCan'tFigureOutHowToForwardHisPhone
    Is it possible that Versizon doesn't offer call forwarding as an option?

I have looked through both the Verizon and Sprint manuals (quite different, BTW), and neither of them seem to have call forwarding as an option.

On my Rogers GSM phone, I simply have to push the menu button then A when in the Phone program.

This link (http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...o650gsm_UG.pdf) is for the unlocked GSM Treo 650 user guide. Pages 51 and 52 explain how to forward calls.
    Last edited by hotbranch; 06/27/2006 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Found relevant info
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbranch
    Is it possible that Versizon doesn't offer call forwarding as an option?

I have looked through both the Verizon and Sprint manuals (quite different, BTW), and neither of them seem to have call forwarding as an option.
    I know Verizon offers it, but I'm wondering if their Palm OS for the 650 has omitted or disabled it. I run the business account here at the office and I forward the little LG 3300 phones the sales people use all the time, but it's done through menu options on the phone. I can't find the same option on the Treo though and can find no reference to it. I called Verizon who of course refer me to contact Palm who refer me to Treo who refer me to Verizon so I can visit where I was at the beginning of the day.
  9.    #9  
    I got an answer (finally got someone from Verizon that knew ... kinda). It ends up the Treo 650 doesn't offer this feature. Most phones that do offer this as a menu option are actually hotkeying a service provider feature for you. e.g. When you go to Phone Options\Call Forwarding they are sending the required digits to the phone company to reroute those calls.

In any case the way to forward ANY verizon phone is to dial *72 and the number you want to foward the phone to. To remove the forwarding you enter *730. Typical forwarding notes, apply: you're still charged airtime and if you forward to another cell phone you're charged air time on your phone and the one you're forwarding to.

Thanks for the community support and assistance.
    -Doc