1.    #1  
    Sorry to start yet ANOTHER thread regarding cases, but I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I am in search of a case that is DIFFICULT TO OPEN and attaches to your belt in such a manor that it CAN NOT slip off (probably a loop rather than a clip). In other words, I want a case that provides a high degree of security so that no one can easily steal my Treo. Any suggestions?

Tom
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    where do you live? I flash my treo all over the subway system of New York City and noone even looks at me...
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I just got this E&B side case about a week ago. Belt loop, snug fit, etc. Check it out: http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-120--87.htm
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    I just got this E&B side case about a week ago. Belt loop, snug fit, etc. Check it out: http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-120--87.htm
    eharty,

I appreciate the link. I remember seeing that one before, but I forgot who sold it. Thanks. I may go with that unit. It solves only half the problem though. I still need a "flap" with a clasp that is difficult to open.

I became increasingly aware of the need for a secure case on a trip last week to Rome, Naples, and Barcelona. These cities are known for pick pockets and thieves that, if necessary, will even cut that strap of a purse or fanny pack to get the loot! So I want a case that will provide me the best security, no matter where I am.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau
    eharty,

I appreciate the link. I remember seeing that one before, but I forgot who sold it. Thanks. I may go with that unit. It solves only half the problem though. I still need a "flap" with a clasp that is difficult to open.

I became increasingly aware of the need for a secure case on a trip last week to Rome, Naples, and Barcelona. These cities are known for pick pockets and thieves that, if necessary, will even cut that strap of a purse or fanny pack to get the loot! So I want a case that will provide me the best security, no matter where I am.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Tom,

That is a different problem than I was thinking of. The best cases would probably be either the E&B in the link above or a Krusell case as they both use belt loops rather than clips. As far as security beyond that, that is a tough one. The only thing that comes to mind is a buckled strap around the case. You could most likely find one at a luggage store or have one made fairly inexpensively but it sure would be inconvenient to use the Treo.

Maybe it would be best to just keep your Treo out of sight in a jacket or pants pocket. Something like a Sena case without the clip would work well for that.

Ed
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripm
    where do you live? I flash my treo all over the subway system of New York City and noone even looks at me...
    ever notice how many people are holding treo's now in NYC subways.
    I swear im ashamed to pull out mines cause there are like 5 people "syncing" with their treo's.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    ever notice how many people are holding treo's now in NYC subways.
    I swear im ashamed to pull out mines cause there are like 5 people "syncing" with their treo's.
    I've never been ashamed - but I do use black headphones with my iPod...

I'll look for you on the A line...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripm
    I've never been ashamed - but I do use black headphones with my iPod...

I'll look for you on the A line...
    Ha. You will need to take 4,5 or 6 to see tons of treo owners.
    I take the Q,B, (sadly) and 6.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit