1.    #1  
    I notice a lot of static when I have my 700p in my pocket and using my Cardo Scala 500. Is this due to the scala or the 700p? I'm considering buying the Treo-branded headset as its the most compatable BT headset, but also hoping that this static issue improved or eliminated.

Anyone have any experiences similar?
    On the T650 I have used both of these headsets.

The sad truth is that for a good connection there has to be a short line of sight in order to get a decent connection.

'Short' means holding the Treo in my hand or putting it in my shirt pocket on the same side of my body as the headset. It means Treo on the passenger car seat.

Maybe this less than stellar BT performance is still true with the 700p.

My preference is the Treo Wireless Headset, for comfort and fit reasons.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    On the T650 I have used both of these headsets.

The sad truth is that for a good connection there has to be a short line of sight in order to get a decent connection.

'Short' means holding the Treo in my hand or putting it in my shirt pocket on the same side of my body as the headset. It means Treo on the passenger car seat.

Maybe this less than stellar BT performance is still true with the 700p.

My preference is the Treo Wireless Headset, for comfort and fit reasons.
    Any other reason to go with the Treo-branded headset over the Scala 500? Is there sinificant differences (functionality, compatability) between the two?
    The Treo-branded headset uses the same A/C adapter as the Treo. That is a really nice feature, especially when you're travelling. You don't have to carry two little charger thingees.

The Scala 500 bonds and mates with the 650 just fine. So does the Treo Wireless Headset, as you might guess.

The Treo's thing that hooks over your ear is much more adjustable and therefore I can get a better fit with it than with the Scala 500.

I had trouble with the Treo Wireless Headset in terms of performance -- I'd never know when the Treo would be live or the headset would be live. I'd have to pick up both and figure it out. I haven't had that problem with the Scala. It answers an inbound call just fine.

I currently have one of each. The Treo Wireless headset is sitting unused at home. It is the second one I bought -- for my wife to use with her 650. I got it because I figured it would be a little simpler in operation for her. I lost my Treo Wireless Headset and so I bought the Scala 500 as a scientific experiment.

I don't know what I'll do when I lose the Scala 500. I think I would buy the new hyper-light Treo headset. With the Scala 500 and the regular Treo Wireless Headset you can definitely tell that you have something hanging on your ear. It ain't a good thing. I'd like something really really light. I don't care about looking like a dork with a blue light flashing on the side of my face. It's the comfort thing that is important. Oh. And it should work.

But I think the "it should work" problem is a Treo problem, not a headset problem.
    The scala has significantly less static than the treo wireless headset in my experience. it also fit my ear better. YMMV. TWH crackles if the 650 is more than 3ft away
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz
    The scala has significantly less static than the treo wireless headset in my experience. it also fit my ear better. YMMV. TWH crackles if the 650 is more than 3ft away
    I had the exact opposite issue. I bought the Scala 500 when it was selling for $10 at Compusa. Tired two of them and both were lousy quality...bought the Treo headset and it works great. I'm also trying out the Plantronics 640 right now. Nice form and fit, but not sure it's really better then the Palm headset.
    isn't this great?! I like the Scala 500 with my 650!
    I found the Scala 500 worked a lot better on my 650 than on the 700p. It's the same headset, but I'm getting a lot more noise, static, and crackling.