Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I recently got the 700p.

So far - I've gotten almost ALL my programs to work.

the only 2 that I REALLY miss right now are treoguard and treoshutter.

treoguard - really only for the ability to turn off the screen while I am on a call - I know sandman does this too - but only if you activiate it w/i the apps menu- i haven't been able to map it to a hotkey that will work while I am in a phone call.. and it certainly won't map to the end button like treoguard did.. this is truly an essential program for me.

treoshutter - it seems so simple - to be able to use the vol. keys for taking pix.. only when the app is running - i haven't found anything else like this -

so my questions are - if there is an alternative - that I missed... or if a developer wants to pick up where geakware left off.. I know I'd buy right away.
    Man you read my mind , i never used treguard but treo shutter is def an app that i would like to see work on the 700, so simple and so handy.
  3.    #3  
    it is honestly driving me nuts - and it's such a simple stupid little app - if I had an ounce of smarts - I'd write the thing myself!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    yes i would like to turn off the screen while I am on a call, I set my 700p to dim the screen after 30 secs and it over rides kb lights off. so now i have a dim screen and keyboard lights on. I'd use phone technician but it seams like overkill the same with having to run sandman and ludusp. any thoughts?
    Yes, I miss my TreoGuard. The developer seems to be AWOL. I can't get a registration key.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    What's wrong with Treoguard? I've been running it on my 700p... Perhaps I'm not using all the functions, but it seems to work fine (?).
    Try Phone technician. That also has afuntion to turn off the display. Works great on my 700p. On sale at palm gear $9.99
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Technician allows you to turn the screen off, but not back on like Treo Guard. Being able to turn the screen on and off while on a call is a big deal to me, too. I thought I was the only one who missed that feature in Treo Guard.

Most of the other features work like dimming the screen and the timer. If someone would just make an app that allows you to turn the screen on and off using the power key during a call I'd buy it too!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Besides being able to set the timer for the screen to turn off, you can manually turn it off using the option key. Also if you want to turn it back on all you have to do is touch the phone key.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
  10.    #10  
    i really only used that feature on treoguard - and no other program handled it like treoguard... the ability to just use the end call button - to toggle the screen on and off just like it does when you're not on a call.. it really was a great feature - and saved a lot of battery life..

plus no program works like treoshutter did either..

I wish some one would incorporate these two features into a program -

phone tech. doesn't do it the same way - I d/led the demo - and didnt like the way it handled that feature.

if anyone hears from geakware, or finds another way to do this - please let me know its a very missed program for me.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    Try Phone technician. That also has afuntion to turn off the display. Works great on my 700p. On sale at palm gear $9.99

I guess i'll have to. But i won't use all the other features its kinda a waste
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    Besides being able to set the timer for the screen to turn off, you can manually turn it off using the option key. Also if you want to turn it back on all you have to do is touch the phone key.
    The problem with touching the phone key is it takes you to the dial pad or screen saver page, instead of the call in progress screen. You then have to hit the phone button again to get the call in progress. This isn't acceptable!

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphsutton
    i really only used that feature on treoguard - and no other program handled it like treoguard... the ability to just use the end call button - to toggle the screen on and off just like it does when you're not on a call.. it really was a great feature - and saved a lot of battery life..
    It was also great in that it meant that you could reholster your phone and no keystrokes would disconnect the call. Even with the screen off on the 700p, hitting the end button still ends the call

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by scanRsteve
    It was also great in that it meant that you could reholster your phone and no keystrokes would disconnect the call. Even with the screen off on the 700p, hitting the end button still ends the call

Steve
    Yep! I don't know why this wasn't a built-in feature! I almost always use my bluetooth headset so ending calls was done by hitting the button on the headset. In the seldom occurrences where I didn't use the headset I would end a call by turning the screen on and ending the call by highlighting the hang up button on the phone and pushing the center button. Worked much better for me.

Couldn't someone create an app that JUST lets you use the red key to toggle the screen on and off? Clearly it can be done, but no one seems willing to do it. The kid that made LudusP said he can do it, but doesn't think enought interest is there, so he won't. The Phone Technician guy said he doesn't want to tinker with disabling the power button ends call "feature". Someone please answer our call for help!

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Couldn't someone create an app that JUST lets you use the red key to toggle the screen on and off? Clearly it can be done, but no one seems willing to do it. The kid that made LudusP said he can do it, but doesn't think enought interest is there, so he won't.
    (Just got back from Ireland, so posting now)

I can't see how anyone would WANT a treo without this feature...I'd kick down 50 bucks for a Treoguard replacement.

Steve
    I use a combination of LudusP to map the useless green button to Sandman. Now I can turn off my screen while on the call. To turn it back on, I just press my phone button.
    To hang up, press the red button.

It works for me.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    I use a program called auto dimmer which dimms the screen to lowest possible light but it conflicts with your pref setting to dim every 30 seconds, so screen shuts off for a bit then back on then back off and then kb lights off also gets in the way, there should be a program that shuts both screen n keyboard off while on call
    i am using treoguard now on my 700p.
    But on the treo700p, with treogaurd when you hit the power button while on a call it just hangs up instead of shuting off the light. On the 650 I liked the option to just hit the power button while on a call to kill the backlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Yes, I miss my TreoGuard. The developer seems to be AWOL. I can't get a registration key.
    Are you saying that if you purchase the product from the geakware website, that they do not provide you with a Registration key? The purchase process seems to work, however I don't want to complete it if it won't generate a key.

For those currently using TreoGuard, does it time out after the Demo period is over? My TreoGuard shows that I have 3 days left in my Demo period...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast