1.    #1  
    I have an Unlocked GSM phone and have the 1.20 firmware with a custom rom. If I wanted to restore the original rom, could I just reinstall the firmware update from palm's site?
    Last edited by Meteo; 06/28/2006 at 09:52 PM.
  2.    #2  
    huh? nobody knows?
    I would use the ROMtool to set it back.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    yeah, you can't just reinstall an older update... I know there's a way to do it, but I can't find the post... I'll post if I find.
    Without the Romtool, can't you just install the Beta 1.21 or 1.23 version, and then whatever you want from there?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Without the Romtool, can't you just install the Beta 1.21 or 1.23 version, and then whatever you want from there?
    Yep.
    But if you want a CNG, I think you have to step up to current by first doing 1.15 after 1.23.
    Just call me Berd.
    How would I do it for a Sprint Treo 650? I had a warranty thing done, and they ordered a new Treo for me (hopefully not a refurb) and I want to make sure my ROM was original. I think I found my original folder, but, I want to make sure it's the one from Palm that I install.

Can I just do the install again, or do I need to use the actual original one, that I took out using the RomTool?
    Nevermind, I found my original ROM and put that back.

Actually, I don't really see a benefit of customizing a ROM. It would be nice to put BackupBuddyVFS in there, that way you don't have to have it installed on the card, and the card screen won't pop up when going through the menus.

Maybe because I'm scared to do anything too radical, so I'm not enjoying it.

At least my 650 has actual 3rd party apps on them. I know 3 people with 650s, and all they have is a few contacts. No calendar entries, nothing.
    My biggest benefit for a custom ROM is getting rid of the OEM titles that I don't want: Quick Tour, Welcome, Tutorial, RealPlayer and Downloads. Threw FAT32 in there on a whim, although I don't have a 4 GB SD Card.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.