Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I decided to perform a hard reset on my 700p; after the first hard reset, I placed my device in my cradle and every time I pushed the hotsync button, the device would reset!

I tried to perform a second hard reset and even though I'm pretty sure I did the exact same thing (hit the reset button while holding down the power button), instead of getting the usual "are you sure you want to erase everything" message, I got a "update ROM? yes/no" message. I selected "no" and the screen showed a color bar - much like the one you used to see on TV late at night.

At this point the device was frozen, so I did ANOTHER hard reset and this time everything worked perfectly. Since then, the device has been pretty stable, other than the current Sprint TV resets and one other weird crash when I tried to disconnect a Bluetooth headset and switch to the handset (CrashPro Reported the following: Application: Phone 2.5 / AceSystemInterFaceLayer.coo, Line 1022: Could not change equipment mode)

What I'm wondering is:

a) why did my device reset every time I tried to hotsync after the first hard reset?

b) did I damage my unit by somehow getting to the "update ROM" screen?

c) did I chose the right answer when I selected "no"? What would have happened if I selected "yes"?

c) is there something wrong with my unit that caused me to get to the "update ROM" screen?

d) what is the "Update ROM" screen and how did I get there?

Much thanks,

reubkov
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reubkov
    c) is there something wrong with my unit that caused me to get to the "update ROM" screen?
    This thread might be informative reading.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thanks. I sure hope it isn't a hardware problem, just a case of pressing the wrong combination of keys...