Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    For current customers.
    I hear there is a fee of $36 on top of $650
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

I think that's the standard activation fee with all handset ugrades...or maybe it's the Vision provisioning fee, I don't remember. Either way, Sprint doesn't usually let you switch to a new handset for free.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    $36 is the standard activation fee. I ordered my 700p via Retentions and got zero-activation fee. I confirmed that when I called to do the ESN swap after my 700p arrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    $36 is the standard activation fee. I ordered my 700p via Retentions and got zero-activation fee. I confirmed that when I called to do the ESN swap after my 700p arrived.
    Same here.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Complete crap. $75 OFF FOR HAVING A PHONE GREATER THAN A YEAR, ($36) TO HOOK IT UP. Putting $10 in your pocket and taking $5 out of the other one. This is why we hate these companies sometimes.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I had a weird experience with my activation. I was told when I activated that the charge for activation would be $18. I have no idea why it was only $18 instead of the usual $36 which is what I was expecting to pay. Then when I got my next statement, I saw the $18 activation charge, but they also gave me an $18 credit to offset it. No one ever mentioned they were going to do that so I was obviously pleasantly surprised!
    The handset activation fee does not apply to many business accounts.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I purchased the 700p from Palm. I am a current customer and did not pay any extra fees.
    they did the same thing to me i just fought them and they toook it off my account. im not spending 650 also $700 for a new phone and still pay $36 . They a good with crediting you that fee
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    they did the same thing to me i just fought them and they toook it off my account. im not spending 650 also $700 for a new phone and still pay $36 . They a good with crediting you that fee
    Same! Just ask most times they will wave the fee.
    Anytime a charge appears on my bill that I do not want to pay I just call Sprint and they take it off. Great service in my opinion. The key is to just get in touch with someone who has the power. (retentions)
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Had it waived. First bill had a $36 charge & $36 credit.
    Waived for me along with shipping charges
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Bought mine at a Sprint store. No activation fee.

EDIT: To clarfiy, I was an existing customer. Not eligible for a rebate either. perhaps the sales rep took pity on me; he remakred that I'd have to pay full price and I said "I know, I'll take it."
    Last edited by scaredpoet; 06/27/2006 at 11:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    was charged the full $36 but the amount was offset by a nice juicy service credit.
    Activation fee waived via retentions here as well
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    When I switched ESN,from my 650 to 700p, an activation fee was not mentioned and I was not charged one.
    Charged on bill but easily waived by nice rep.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne
    The handset activation fee does not apply to many business accounts.
    I have a business account and yes it does. 3 phones were charged even with renewal of 2 year contracts
    Never even mentioned an activation fee when I called them. I had an account and just activated the new phone. No contract extension or anything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast