1.    #1  
    About a month ago all of a sudden my treo lost the ability to hotsync. I just get the same message evrytime I try "the connection could not be established between you pc and the handheld..."

I kinda forgot about ti till I decided to get the cingular update and now im pissed this thign doesnt work.

I have reset the treo several times and even uninstalled and reinstalled all palm sofware and still no difference. I even tried pluggin it into a different computer to see if it would even be picked up as "device" but still nothing.

I have also been trying to do a "zero out" reset all day. The site says to hold power, the up arrow, the hotsyns button all at once and then press the reset. Ive tried it a dozen different ways and still only get the normal reset.

Any help or ideas will be appreciated I dont feel liek going through the hassel of an exchange for no reason.
    Just call me Berd.
    Also check to make sure your conduit is set for "Local USB". If it's your connection/connectors, try a bluetooth sync. It will take longer but may do the trick. You should be able to find a bluetooth adapter for under $20.00 if your computer doesn't have bluetooth.