1.    #1  
    ...I can't figure out why Boxwave's charging about 25% more for the 700p (vs. 650) screen protector!

I thought the screens were the same exact size...but am I missing something??

Anyone else order the 650 screen protectors for the 700p?

Thanks,
    Tony
    It's called A RIPOFF.

They are just trying to gouge new adopters.

I never buy anything from Boxwave anymore....poor quality combined with poor customer support and a lack of business ethics.

And yes, the screen sizes of the 650 and 700P are the same....
    I'll vouch for Boxwave's quality!
    The 700P's screen is ~1-2mm bigger than the 650's screen (mentioned in TC's 700P review and in another screen protector thread).

As for Boxwave, well the 650 Cleartouch fits nicely on the 700P even though it's not the exact size. And YMMV with their quality and customer service. I haven't received any bad ones yet.
    I kinda prefer the WriteRights screen protectors. They have a generic version that has a grid pattern, allowing you to size the pattern based on the screen, and then you just cut it to size with scissors. This also ensures that one set of screen protectors will work well for a variety of devices.

But yeah, having owned a 650 and having held the 700p, I see absolutely no difference in the display, and no reason for the cost to be different for each model. Quality be damned; if a company is blatantly inflating the price artificially, that equates to a serious credibility hit in my book.
    The 700P's screen is a tiny bit larger, but the resolution and number of pixels is exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    The 700P's screen is ~1-2mm bigger than the 650's screen (mentioned in TC's 700P review and in another screen protector thread).

As for Boxwave, well the 650 Cleartouch fits nicely on the 700P even though it's not the exact size. And YMMV with their quality and customer service. I haven't received any bad ones yet.
    This may be written in an article somewhere, but it differs from what I observed when measuring the screens on my 650 and 700p side-by-side just now. With a ruler, they are exactly the same size (to within 1/4 mm) horizontally and vertically. This goes for the actual physical screen as well as the lit (usable?) part of each screen when the screen is turned on. From my measurements, if the screen protector fits the 650, it will fit a 700p.
    It's a sucker tax.
    I measured the two and the "lit" portion of the screens are the same size, but I believe that the 700p has more dead space around the screen.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    I kinda prefer the WriteRights screen protectors. They have a generic version that has a grid pattern, allowing you to size the pattern based on the screen, and then you just cut it to size with scissors. This also ensures that one set of screen protectors will work well for a variety of devices.
    Those are a nice size (I can get two out of the generic one that says it works with the PSP). BUT I don't like they way they look in bright light it seems to enhance every spot where you've touched the screen with the stylus.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme