Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. slthree's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
       #1  
    I tossed my hat in the ring on another thread about Pocket Tunes. I was having choppiness and slowdowns and all kinds of problems.

    Well, I'm having the same issues with TCMP. Maybe not exactly the same but I'm getting a lot of stopping (sometimes for a few minutes) and starting and I can't enjoy it like I did on my 650.

    Same exact movies and memory card that I used on the 650 are now unwatchable on my 700p.

    Anyone else? Any cure?
  2. #2  
    Highly unlikely until Palm releases an update.
  3. #3  
    slthree,
    This won't help c your movies, but for audio I have had good luck using PocketTunes Deluxe by shutting down and logging off of Chatteremail, and turning off the 700P screen. Pretty much chop free. However, if I try to go into apps, calendar, etc, the choppiness returns. I have tried aeroplayer and MOcean as well--pretty much same. I had already ponied up my 24.95 before noticing the problem so am sticking c PocketTunes (wished it played AAC files!). Hopefully Palm will fix this soon.
    D
  4. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #4  
    No choppiness in TCPMP here. I watched some TiVO, VCR, and DVD content converted to MP4/AAC audio with Handbrake (a Mac program) today without a problem, except for a slight A/V sync that was corrected using a 50 ms delay....
  5. #5  
    Not at all choppy here. Watching 15FPS 400BR MP4s with 96K AAC. Device benchmarks out at 39FPS.
  6. #6  
    You might try re-encoding at a lower FPS. The 700p is slower than the 650 and might not run everything as well. I do everything at 24FPS on my 650 and it benchmarks at about 70FPS!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    No choppiness in TCPMP here. I watched some TiVO, VCR, and DVD content converted to MP4/AAC audio with Handbrake (a Mac program) today without a problem, except for a slight A/V sync that was corrected using a 50 ms delay....
    Hi -

    Maybe you can clear up a question I've had dcpmark...

    I'm running TCPMP on my 700p using .AVI files, and it works just fine. However, I'd really like it to work with files I've encoded for my iPod w/video... I also use Handbrake on my Mac, and process the files in MP4, but the Treo/TCPMP doesn't play back the files. Do you have a possible fix for me?

    Thank you!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  8. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LZMutant
    Hi -

    Maybe you can clear up a question I've had dcpmark...

    I'm running TCPMP on my 700p using .AVI files, and it works just fine. However, I'd really like it to work with files I've encoded for my iPod w/video... I also use Handbrake on my Mac, and process the files in MP4, but the Treo/TCPMP doesn't play back the files. Do you have a possible fix for me?

    Thank you!
    Larry Z.

    Did you install the mpeg4_plugin.prc for TCPMP as well as the ffmpeg_plugin in addition to the main tcpmp.prc? I also installed the mp3 and AAC plugins for my audio.....
  9. #9  
    Thanks for replying -

    Yes, I installed everything, but the AAC plugin gave me an error message. It was something along the lines of "we were not permitted to install this plugin due to copyright..." or something along those lines. I recall the video played back okay - but had no audio... I did this when my 700p arrived the first day - do you think they've updated the TCPMP program since?

    Thanks again!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  10. #10  
    For everyone who wants the most up-to-date TCPMP and all of the codecs for their 700P...650...600... <link>

    On that page, you'll want to install the PalmOS version of TCPMP,
    then all of the "additional plugins for all platforms" (AKA codecs).

    Then follow these instructions to get an unofficial AAC codec that really works a treat <link>.

    Put it all into RAM or run it from your card with PowerRun.

    All links are live and everything plays together nicely as of the timestamp of this post. I humbly suggest that you create an archive of all the files that you download during this excercise.

    Best of luck to you!
  11. #11  
    Thanks xpanmanx - I'll give it a shot tonight.
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by LZMutant
    Thanks xpanmanx - I'll give it a shot tonight.
    Larry Z.
    Little update -

    I installed the AAC plugin for TCPMP V. 66...it was the only one on the page that had a "Palm" download. Now, I no longer get the error message - but my iPod Video stuff barely plays back. Interesting, though, is the fact that some of my files are .m4v and others are .mp4. They both display on the Treo 700, but the .mp4's play back a lot better - but still have stuttering problems.

    Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks again -

    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  13. #13  
    Ouch! Larry, I don't know if I can help you much more. I copped the download links from a topic on another forum...past that, my knowledge falls apart quickly.

    My media files are MP4s at 15FPS 200BR, with 96KHz AAC encoding made with Kinoma Producer 3. Any chance that your media files might be of higher quality, and therefore eating up your 700P's proceesor?

    There's a TCPMP forum here <link> . Maybe those folks can help you where I fail :>
  14. #14  
    Hey, xpanmanx -

    Thanks again for your help. Yes, my files were encoded for the iPod at 30 Fps. TCPMP plays back 30 FPS .avi files with no trouble - but for some reason chokes on the .mp4's... Baffling.

    I used Kinoma on my Treo 650, and it worked fine. Since I watch a lot of music videos, however, the frame rate is really important because things are edited to the beats. At 15-20 fps, things just feel "off," which is why I went to .avi/TCPMP.

    Now, I wonder what would happen if I encoded at 30 fps with Kinoma? That might be interesting - but I don't quite see why that would work where the iPod converter (Handbrake) wouldn't... Plus at that point I'm reconverting everything, which is why I wanted the iPod stuff to work in the first place!

    Oh well, something to ponder over the holiday weekend...

    Have a good one~!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
  15. #15  
    I have the same problem playing movies with my 700p and TCPMP. I believe this is related to the skipping of PTunes, which is another problem I have. The same movies that played perfectly on my T650 now plays with a tiny pause for a split second every so often on my Sprint 700p. This problem is nowhere near as bad as the PTunes issue, which is extremely noticeable. I also have the latest version of TCPMP, but this doesn't seem to help any. Disabling ChatterEmail doesn't seem to help much either, maybe a little, but doesn't solve the problem.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  16. #16  
    On a related note, what programs do you use to download movies. I use limewire but am hoping i can find something better.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  17. #17  
    I gave up pirating media a long time ago. Well, ok, maybe not 100% gave up - because the very occasional pre-DVD release movie will find its way into my hands through a friend or co-worker. But for the most part I just roll with NetFlix and my 3 dual-tuner DirecTiVos.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx
    I gave up pirating media a long time ago. Well, ok, maybe not 100% gave up - because the very occasional pre-DVD release movie will find its way into my hands through a friend or co-worker. But for the most part I just roll with NetFlix and my 3 dual-tuner DirecTiVos.
    Lol, my friend does that with NetFlix as well and has a HUGE dvd collection. Isn't that the same as pirating?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx View Post
    For everyone who wants the most up-to-date TCPMP and all of the codecs for their 700P...650...600... <link>

    On that page, you'll want to install the PalmOS version of TCPMP,
    then all of the "additional plugins for all platforms" (AKA codecs).

    Then follow these instructions to get an unofficial AAC codec that really works a treat <link>.

    Put it all into RAM or run it from your card with PowerRun.

    All links are live and everything plays together nicely as of the timestamp of this post. I humbly suggest that you create an archive of all the files that you download during this excercise.

    Best of luck to you!

    This worked for me for 3gp movies I had downloaded - thanks!!

Posting Permissions