Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    MobileClock (Bob's Alarm) is THE way to go....

Yup.

The only thing, don't install Bob's Alarm (old version). It crashed my 700p when doing timers. mobileClock fixes it, and is virtually perfect.
    Is there a way to set up mobileClock to display like ClockPop does -- i.e., if you hold down the calendar button long enough it shows the clock until you let go? I really like that mode, but much prefer mobileClock's look to ClockPop.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    I love Bigclock also but it has not been update since 2001-10-25. does it work in 700P? I'll test out this weekend if I have time. I think this is why some ppl are moving on.
    I have had Bigclock on my M505. Loved it. Works pretty well on 700p, but menu button causes a crash. Trying Megaclock as a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Is there a way to set up mobileClock to display like ClockPop does -- i.e., if you hold down the calendar button long enough it shows the clock until you let go? I really like that mode, but much prefer mobileClock's look to ClockPop.
    KeyGuardTime+ is pretty good and stable. When your treo is sleeping, you just press a button and a clock will show up for 2 secs, and then it goes back to sleep. Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but worth a look!
    - Jeeman
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeMan
    KeyGuardTime+ is pretty good and stable. When your treo is sleeping, you just press a button and a clock will show up for 2 secs, and then it goes back to sleep. Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but worth a look!
    Sweet! Thanks JeeMan. KeyguardTime set to "while holding calendar" is exactly what I was looking for. Pretty display, including graphical battery/etc. ... and the price is right!
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    Sweet! Thanks JeeMan. KeyguardTime set to "while holding calendar" is exactly what I was looking for. Pretty display, including graphical battery/etc. ... and the price is right!
    - Jeeman
    Damn! This is one sweet Treo application. Sure glad you mentioned it - I'd never have found it otherwise.

I hope he updates it for the 700 so it won't nag during startup!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    How did you get the sleeping function to work? If I press the button, my treo turns on and stays on.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I used to swear by mobileClock. But I ran into a little issue I, where my 700p was resetting whenever I enabled "get date & time from mobile network". Well I deleted mobileClock and the problem went away! I felt naked for a couple of days without my Alarm, Stopwatch, Hourly chime, timer, etc., so I was on the search for a new app. I used to shun older versions of PalmaryClock because of it's lack of features that suited what I wanted. Well I am very impressed with PalmarySoft's new version, PalmaryClock Wireless 1.0.2. Very, Very, nice app. And no issues yet, everything works the way it should.

http://www.palmarysoft.com/products/clock/

http://www.palmarysoft.com/products/...calend_185.jpg
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    mobileClock v3.8.04 has been working reasonably well on my 700p. Been a registered user since Dec 2003 when it was Bob's Alarm. There's a Y! Groups support forum.
    I would love the eye candy and toys of Palmaryclock, moileclock and mega, but you are right! Diddlebug can be alarms will do the job :-) I guess I'll use the freeware for stop watch. and of course it works on Treo 700!

btw, you can also select which date M/Tu/W/Th/Fri/Sat/S and customer sound (no mp3 support sorry).

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Diddlebug is free and very good with alarms, a Palm OS classic (158k).
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=16870
    Last edited by justdoit2; 07/10/2006 at 09:28 AM.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I, too, have enjoyed mobile clock (Bob's Alarm) for many years (treo 90 and treo 600). However, I find that it adds a 2 second delay to powering on the screen when I turn on my 700p. Delay is gone when the program is removed or on the SD card, but the alarm won't run when the program is on the SD card. It bothers me to add that power-on delay. Maybe I have too many calendar events it is searching for or maybe the program has too many "hebe" events or maybe I have too much "stuff" in RAM. Yep, it works, but it definitely bogs down the 700p.

Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by procure
    How did you get the sleeping function to work? If I press the button, my treo turns on and stays on.
    Hey procure, sorry for the late reply.

#1-If you want your treo to "sleep", you go in prefs>Power>Auto-off after (choose the time you want: 30sec, 1/2/3min).

#2-You also need to enable the keyguard: pref>keyguard>Auto-keyguard: anything else except "disabled".

That way, when you power off your treo (650 in my case) or it turns itself off after the time selected in #1 up, and you just touch the red button again, KeyguardTime+ appears for 2 secs and then the treo powers off again (i.e. goes back to sleep)

Hope this helps.
    - Jeeman
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    Damn! This is one sweet Treo application. Sure glad you mentioned it - I'd never have found it otherwise.

I hope he updates it for the 700 so it won't nag during startup!
    Agree totally, simple and very useful app.
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    I would love the eye candy and toys of Palmaryclock, moileclock and mega, but you are right! Diddlebug can be alarms will do the job :-) I guess I'll use the freeware for stop watch. and of course it works on Treo 700!
    In case you haven't tried it, TreoAlarm is another very good alarm app (freeware, appears rock solid on the 700p). Hope this rounds out your collection.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I agree as well - this is a great application. I put it on par with Directory Assistant, which is a big compliment. I love the interface, the keyguard functionality, and I think the battery and memory meters are excellent.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12