Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Since upgrading my bluetooth firmware on my Powerbook, I can no longer get online with DUN. I keep getting a modem error. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I guess no one else is having problems. I've tried my phone on other computers which have not had the firmware updated and it appears now that it is not the computer but the phone. My bluetooth setup assistant keeps crashing and I keep getting modem errors. Anyone have ideas on this?
    Can't help much, it works fine on a MacBook Pro. I assume you restarted both the PowerBook and Treo, deleted the pairing and tried again? If not, do that and see if it makes any difference.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm having no luck either. Gotta love BUGS. I broke down and bought "USB Modem" becasue I (pay for) live and die for DUN.
    Can't get mine to work either now. It was working.
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    Can't get mine to work either now. It was working.
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    The new 10.4.7 Tiger update (released today) might help?
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/8848

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Why all of a sudden would it Stop working?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    here's another idea. I found out that somehow my unlimited vision was no longer on my acct. so I had it put back on. I did also sign up for sprint tv to try it out. any chance one of these broke it?
    Well you need vision and PAM to make it work, so yes that could have broken it. Did you try it after it was added back?

Quote Originally Posted by emtkopan
    here's another idea. I found out that somehow my unlimited vision was no longer on my acct. so I had it put back on. I did also sign up for sprint tv to try it out. any chance one of these broke it?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    not yet. I wanted to give it a few hours in case it needed to reprovision.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    still no luck.
    Uh oh. Apple might have broken something big time. I installed the 10.4.7 update on my MacBook Pro and now I'm getting the modem connection errors. I've tried dozens of times, re-paired the device and still no go. Looking very bad!
    OK, after some frantic experimenting it looks like maybe the modem scripts changed in 10.4.7 (it does refer in the notes to updated support for the 5220 which is the supplied Verizon modem script).

I installed the Verizon Access Manager software 2.2 and it did work. I then changed the bluetooth modem script to the Verizon 1xEVDO Modem Script that the Verizon software installs and I was also able to connect with the normal Internet Connect application.

This may not be your problem with the bluetooth update, but it might be worth looking into.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I was using the Sprint PCS Vision modem script. Get this though, I can use my wife's and my father-in-law's A900 to get online with DUN but mine alays comes up with a modem error. Therefore the problem must be in the phone software somewhere.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Guess what? I'm up and running again. I was sitting here thinking about the "getting your Treo to run lightning fast" thread and thought there might be something in one of my programs that broke my DUN since it worked fine with my wife's and my father-in-law's A900. I saved all the files as instructed as well as my ringtones. Slowly I started adding some programs back on but before I went too far I decided to try the hack again. First attempt was ano go but the second one connected. I may not have EVDO service right now because of the area I'm in but the important thing is that it worked. I'm online right now with DUN via my Treo. It has to be soemthing in one of my programs. I now am not using Versamail but Chattermail as a trial to keep my Treo run faster. I now have both DUN and a fast Treo. God answers prayers. Even little ones.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    And still working today with a fast Treo.