1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm a new treo owner and just downloaded Chatteremail's trial 30-day version (v. 2.0p1+ or something like that). However the manual download is version 1.1.5, which I think includes some buttons that aren't in the program.

I'm not sure if it's because i have a trial version, or if the buttons were really moved. Here's my question ... I'm trying to do a "timed sync" every hour for example. The manual says to go to 'POP3 Delivery' prefs and select "Q Sync every XX minutes". But the manual shows an extra box in front of the "OFFLINE" word - right next to the "Q Sync every XX min" box, but the actual program doesn't have that box.

So I clicked on the "Q Sync every 60 min" box, and exited the program ... but when my phone is in an off state (boxes offline, screen off, but phone ON), it's not syncing every hour like it should.

Am i doing something wrong? Any help would be huge!
  2.    #2  
    i might have found it, but i'm not sure ...

there's an option when I quit the program to either (1) Quit the program & and disconnect, or just (2) Quit the program.

I guess I should just quit the program and keep it connected? (there are two triangle icons on top of the signal meter). But isn't that the "battery killer" that everyone keeps talking about? Why would i keep it connected if it only needs to check email every hour. I would think that Chatteremail can turn itself on and check email every hour instead of keeping a constant data connection.

or maybe i'm totally missing the point?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmtreoman
    Hi,

I'm a new treo owner and just downloaded Chatteremail's trial 30-day version (v. 2.0p1+ or something like that). However the manual download is version 1.1.5, which I think includes some buttons that aren't in the program.

I'm not sure if it's because i have a trial version, or if the buttons were really moved. Here's my question ... I'm trying to do a "timed sync" every hour for example. The manual says to go to 'POP3 Delivery' prefs and select "Q Sync every XX minutes". But the manual shows an extra box in front of the "OFFLINE" word - right next to the "Q Sync every XX min" box, but the actual program doesn't have that box.

So I clicked on the "Q Sync every 60 min" box, and exited the program ... but when my phone is in an off state (boxes offline, screen off, but phone ON), it's not syncing every hour like it should.

Am i doing something wrong? Any help would be huge!
    I don't think you want to exit the program. You want to leave it 'running'. Instead, just hit the home button. Chatter will only fire up the data connection when it need to download from your pop account.

There is another option under 'preferences' and 'connections' to have chatter disconnect the data connection if all mail boxes are offline.
  4.    #4  
    if my mailboxes go offline, is there a way to make chatteremail check email without me manually syncing?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmtreoman
    if my mailboxes go offline, is there a way to make chatteremail check email without me manually syncing?
    Yes, the 'Qsync every ___ mins' option should do it.
  6.    #6  
    Wow ... worked like a charm! thanks a lot!!

Now let's hope my battery doesn't drain like many users have experienced ...
    Let me know how this works.....been having the same issue with battery drain.
    I have been quick syncing every 5 minutes for the last few days. Works fine for me. Battery life on my 700p is much better than when I first got it a couple of weeks ago. I will probably end up buying Chattermail just because Versamail is too stupid to support vibrate alerts.