1.    #1  
    I've installed YAHM, and implemented Font Smoother, and upped the memory and stack size to 8 MB & 16 KB respectively.

Everyone rants about this browser, and I have yet to use the app one single time without it freezing my phone. One person even responded to this issue: "oh, the crashing never goes away"! Ha! Nice.

what's the deal? what am I missing?

and to add to that major issue...

- you can can't cut and paste in it.
    - you can't import bookmarks
    - you can't put bookmarks in any order except a single list that requires you to hit two buttons to move the bookmark up ONE space!! What if I want it at the top? FORGET ABOUT IT!!
    - you have to tell the application "Menu / Exit" to go do something else on your phone. What app requires THAT???
    - And oh, don't forget it crashes and freezes your phone constantly.

OK, the rant is over. But come on. Why do you all think this app is good? I want to like it, but it's making it VERY difficult for me!
    my experience as well...
    opera uses a proxy by default... I think that's why people like it... not sure if they realize you can do the same thing in blazer with something like webxcope.com
    Opera mini lasted for about an hour on my Treo. It may do well in some benchmarks, but it is far less functional than Blazer (where I am using the YAHM/Fontsmoother combo to improve the experience).
    Agreed. The suckage is immense.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    I've installed YAHM, and implemented Font Smoother, and upped the memory and stack size to 8 MB & 16 KB respectively.

Everyone rants about this browser, and I have yet to use the app one single time without it freezing my phone. One person even responded to this issue: "oh, the crashing never goes away"! Ha! Nice.

what's the deal? what am I missing?

and to add to that major issue...

- you can can't cut and paste in it.
    - you can't import bookmarks
    - you can't put bookmarks in any order except a single list that requires you to hit two buttons to move the bookmark up ONE space!! What if I want it at the top? FORGET ABOUT IT!!
    - you have to tell the application "Menu / Exit" to go do something else on your phone. What app requires THAT???
    - And oh, don't forget it crashes and freezes your phone constantly.

OK, the rant is over. But come on. Why do you all think this app is good? I want to like it, but it's making it VERY difficult for me!

Small price to pay for a browser that can speed up your surfing by nanoseconds
    I have it on my treo, but never use it.
    started using it since i got the 700 and find that blazer is very slow compared to this. i have the bookmarks the way i want it and with the shortcuts it is very fast. yes every once in a while it does lock on me but because of the speed i put up with the locking find it may lock once maybe twice a day and i am a power user

Fred
    Maybe its my long experience with blazer. I just like the way the blazer pages are formatted. And yes I tried all the additional settings possible on mini.
    Blazer with webxcope is much better.
    What is webxscope and how does it help Blazer? And where do we get it?
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I like webxcope cause it truly is faster than Blazer....but it is no Opera Mini!
    Not as fast (basically timed it downloading large sites.
    But mainly the page configurations suck...regardless of the settings used.
    Opera mini could still use big upgrades regarding some issues mentioned.
    It freezes up occasionally on me as well, although I suspect that's a problem with Java on Treo. Otherwise, I love Opera mini because it's much faster than Blazer. The smooth scrolling is really helpful on a small screen. The bookmarks, cut and paste, etc do all suck. However, I only surf a few sites on my Treo and I find that Opera mini is the fastest way to read a quick news article or two.
    the reason why opera is fast is because when you visit a site in opera you are actually getting a preprocessed version of the site through opera's proxy servers. webxcope does the same thing but you can use it in any browser, like blazer. the actual download speed, hence, will vary depending on your connection to these proxy servers and the proxy server's connections to the sites that you are trying to view, so it is hard to say which solution is faster based on a few sites. to sleibow, just point blazer to webxcope.com and you will see what to do. also, google does the same thing when you follow a link from a search, except google won't let you use forms and some other stuff.
    I think Opera is overrated. I also think Java is overrated, at best slowing things down and crashing randomly on my Treo.

Opera is supposed to be fast and free. That is all it is famous for. And these two attributes are of dubious value on a Treo with GPRS/ EDGE, though it could make a difference with 3G networks. But then, 3G would be fast on any browser.

Blazer's only problem (to me) is that it's caching is not very effective. Otherwise, it is robust and works everytime.

Yeah, I too ask the same question as the OPer: Why do we load our Treo's with stuff that merely adds to our aggravation?
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmeister
    my experience as well...
    Sadly, mine as well. It hung my 700p several times and the 5-way navigation wouldn't even allow me to get the the MENU or do a BACK operation.
    Let me just say that I have no affiliation with Opera and I don't really care whether you use it, Blazer, Xxino or whatever. However, I do know these systems very well and the idea that Blazer renders pages better than Opera is preposterous. Maybe that is a matter of personal opinion, but if your opinion is that Blazer looks better than Opera, then it wouldn't surprise me to hear you say that standard definition TV looks better than Hi-Def...it may be your opinion, but it's probably not shared by the vast majority.

Now, if your system crashes with Opera on it, that's a whole different issue and I can understand your frustration with that (However, I have not experienced even one crash while using Opera). But the idea that Blazer looks better than Opera could be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on this board.

It's kind of like the people who think the Palm OS is better than Windows...it's not. I'm using a 700p because I love the Treo form factor and 700w will not be available on Sprint until Q4. I like the 700p, it's a good unit, but the Palm OS vs Windows argument is stupid...Palm is K-Mart, Windows is Saks 5th Avenue. Most of the people that complain about Windows and argue Palm is better simply do this because they don't know how to use Windows and do not want to take the time to learn. Sorry for the long diatribe, but this thread was too amusing to ignore.
    I just installed opera yesterday and it reminds me of web viewer from my 600. Same proxy deal, java, more speed and less functionality than blazer. On the 600, for me, web viewer was clearly the better choice because of the speed and I used it almost exclusively despite its horrid bookmarks.

On the 700, I think the speed difference is much less. But still, that's the key. If I want to search for something fast on google or go to a site that is heavy on graphics, I'm probably going to use opera (I've had no lockups) because it is faster IMO.

I'm using YAHM and font smoother on BOTH blazer and opera (tahoma 8pt). That really makes the opera interface much better as well. You can see a good deal of your history on the main page and some bookmarks. I also like the built in google search.

To me the biggest functionality issue is the lack of the web addresses on pages you are viewing (you have to go to the menu to find it) and the associated lack of an auto-complete for urls.