Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missing Sync also transfers both work/home addresses to the Treo whereas the iSync conduit will only transfer one address.

Missing Sync currently has an acknowledged bug in that it is not fully 700p compatible, i.e., the 700p's Contacts app has some added fields which don't map exactly to what Missing Sync has. This causes extra blank phone number entries for each contact. Hopefully this will be fixed in a maintenance update.
  2.    #22  
    Could someone explain to me how I remove the Palm software from my computer? I'm trying to remove the Palm Desktop as it is taking up background system resources' however, every time that I try to drag it to the garbage and empty it, it gives me the error message "The operation cannot be completed because the item Localized.rsrc is in use." I've tried everything from booting up in safe mode to checking the Activity Monitor for anything similar to that process or that may be using that process. I can't think of a way to get this piece of software off my computer.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Another vote for Missing Sync. It is truly the best way to sync Palm and Mac Osx.
    You don't need to remove it to eliminate the resource usage. Open Hotsync and make sure the "enable at startup" (or similary words) radio button is not selected. Then open System Preferences and click on the Accounts section, then click on your user account. Look in the logins tab and remove any Palm applications there. By default it puts a couple of background processes. After removing all these logout or restart. After that it won't be using any resources. If you need to hotsync you can then open Hotsync, manually enable it, hotsync, manually disable it and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    Could someone explain to me how I remove the Palm software from my computer? I'm trying to remove the Palm Desktop as it is taking up background system resources' however, every time that I try to drag it to the garbage and empty it, it gives me the error message "The operation cannot be completed because the item Localized.rsrc is in use." I've tried everything from booting up in safe mode to checking the Activity Monitor for anything similar to that process or that may be using that process. I can't think of a way to get this piece of software off my computer.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    As I said in my comments previously I noted that you can get both addresses not just the one in iSync.

There may be a bug in Missing Sync, but I do not have added fields in my contacts. I've checked them carefully and there isn't any problem. I'm not saying there isn't a bug, but this doesn't occur with me at all. I've been using Missing Sync 5.1.0 since it came on out on a MacBook Pro with a Verizon 700p for about three weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    Missing Sync also transfers both work/home addresses to the Treo whereas the iSync conduit will only transfer one address.

Missing Sync currently has an acknowledged bug in that it is not fully 700p compatible, i.e., the 700p's Contacts app has some added fields which don't map exactly to what Missing Sync has. This causes extra blank phone number entries for each contact. Hopefully this will be fixed in a maintenance update.
    ok .. I'm an ***** .... SO new to all this stuff. If I download Missing Sync on my laptop - what's the easiest way to get the proper files over to my 700p?
    I'm not sure by what you mean proper files. Install missing sync. Open the main window. Click the install tab in the middle. You can then drag apps and docs to the treo or an sd there. Hope that helps.
    Hmm... that's strange. I use Entourage with sync services, so Entourage pushes all of its data to Address Book and Calendar, which are then synced to the device using Missing Sync. I have added fields, and this is a documented bug in Missing Sync on the Markspace support forum. I don't know how you avoided those missing fields, and no, syncing through iSync does not transfer both work and home addresses -- I did it twice using the iSync conduit and only got one address.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I'm not sure by what you mean proper files. Install missing sync. Open the main window. Click the install tab in the middle. You can then drag apps and docs to the treo or an sd there. Hope that helps.
    Didn't make myself very clear did I?

If I download some software for the 700p (utilities, games, etc ...) I can use Missing Sync to "install" or get whatever files are necessary over to the Handheld? I know I can download directly from the Handheld - I'd just prefer to do it from my Mac and have a good clean compressed file on my laptop.

Thanks!
    Yes, click on the install tab in the missing sync window and drag the palm files there (.pdb, .prc, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Didn't make myself very clear did I?

If I download some software for the 700p (utilities, games, etc ...) I can use Missing Sync to "install" or get whatever files are necessary over to the Handheld? I know I can download directly from the Handheld - I'd just prefer to do it from my Mac and have a good clean compressed file on my laptop.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Yes, click on the install tab in the missing sync window and drag the palm files there (.pdb, .prc, etc...).
    Thank you very much! Off to spend more $$$$.
    I don't seem to have iSync Conduit on my system. Some of the comments above indicate to "add it" via the Palm software (Hotsync) but it is not there. When I search for it at Apple there is a note(here) there is a comment saying ""Note: You do not need to download this software if you have iSync 2 or later .

All the comments above, which are pretty recent, seem to indicate that you need this conduit. Can anyone clarify whether I need it and where to get it?

... My larger context is trying to upgrade from Chronos' Group Organize 4.X to their current 5.X total rewrite. All of my data has been migrated into some sort of OpenBase database which seems to be syncing with the Apple builtin databases. I think some combination of iSync and/or Mark/Space will solve my problem but I'm not sure exactly what.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12