1.    #1  
    I find that when I make changes to Custom in HotSync, occasionally it will crash. This happens in most of the conduits. Sometimes I can change one, close it, and it doesn't crash, but then I'll change another one and it will crash, effectively removing the change I made on the first one.

I have completely removed the Palm Desktop Software several times, run a Registry cleaner, hand edited the Registry to remove all Palm references, and reinstalled. I'm at my wits end.

Let me be clear: it crashes while I'm making the changes in HotSync > Custom, after I Close the conduit. It's not crashing while I'm performing a hotsync.

Here's the high-level crash error I get:

AppName: hotsync.exe AppVer: 6.0.1.0 ModName: hotsync.exe
    ModVer: 6.0.1.0 Offset: 0002d94f

Thanks,
    Last edited by BillPetro; 06/26/2006 at 03:06 PM.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Were you able to fix this issue?

thanks.
    I had the same problem. I uninstalled the Palm app, removed (renamed) the user folder in the Palm directory and reinstalled. It worked. Although I had to reinstall all the apps that had conduits.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Thanks, I ended up doing the same thing. I think there was something in my preferences file that I kept restoring.