1.    #1  
    Good afternoon all. Went to bed Saturday night with my 650 working just fine. Woke up Sunday and it wouldn't turn on. I took the battery out, and put back in. Ever since, the hot sync function has been popping up. I hit cancel, and it just goes right back to wanting to sync. I connect to a computer to see if it would go through the process and be happy. It appeard to have worked, but as soon as I disconnected the table it started right up again. Any ideas? I can't use the device at all as is.

And of course it's a Cingular refurb that only had 90 days warranty and I've had it 6 months. Hate to have such an expensive paperweight.
    have you tried doing a hard reset? I forget exactly how to do it, just do a search on here for Hard Reset... That should hopefully fix it... But, you will lose any info. on the phone...
    Alright .... something is funny here Kilted. You are describing the same problem that I have going on with my Treo, and it started sometime this past Sunday morning (same timeframe as you). Is it coincidence or is something triggering it from the network? Maybe it's virus related?
  4.    #4  
    Did the hard reset and I had hope for about 45seconds and the hotsync started up again.

Asherguy.....that is interesting. Have you contacted Cingular about this at all? I just assumed it was hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiltedTreo
    Did the hard reset and I had hope for about 45seconds and the hotsync started up again.

Asherguy.....that is interesting. Have you contacted Cingular about this at all? I just assumed it was hardware.

Well, I actually have Sprint as a service provider, so I'm not sure if it could be network related or not. I haven't contacted Sprint yet, either.

It doesn't seem like anyone else in here has had this problem, so I'm going to continue to play around with it until I give up. Have you added any software applications to your 650 lately? When was the last time that you cleaned your USB connection on your Treo? What happens when you press the red power-off button on your Treo?
    Could your Treo's have gotten damp? 2 of the guys I work with have had that happen. The first told me his had gotten wet sitting in a cup holder in his car. We cleaned up all the connecters, used an electric cleaner wipe, blew out the area with air and everything started working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas
    Could your Treo's have gotten damp? 2 of the guys I work with have had that happen. The first told me his had gotten wet sitting in a cup holder in his car. We cleaned up all the connecters, used an electric cleaner wipe, blew out the area with air and everything started working again.

Good call ... I believe mine did get splashed with some water right before the time period when all of this was happenening. The splash mush have been worse than I thought. Is there anything specific you would recommend when cleaning the connectors, Eyedeas?
  8.    #8  
    Well, it has been raining here a wee bit lately (DC/VA) and it was in my pocket while outside.