1.    #1  
    So I ordered a new Treo 650 from Sprint for $99.99 a couple weeks ago, after readeing the 650 forum where alot of people asked for that deal. Then I talked to them about getting another one for another line, no sweat. It came and said no camera. It turns out that they're pretty much out of new 650's and we called sprint and asked about how much more for a 700p. She said no way on a deal. The next guy gave us a 700p for the same $99.99/ Pretty sweet eight. BTW no rebates used, only new 2year.
    wow nice. did you call rententions or CS?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacuf
    So I ordered a new Treo 650 from Sprint for $99.99 a couple weeks ago, after readeing the 650 forum where alot of people asked for that deal. Then I talked to them about getting another one for another line, no sweat. It came and said no camera. It turns out that they're pretty much out of new 650's and we called sprint and asked about how much more for a 700p. She said no way on a deal. The next guy gave us a 700p for the same $99.99/ Pretty sweet eight. BTW no rebates used, only new 2year.
    That is a great deal, enjoy your new phone
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacuf
    I think you will find when you get your bill that you paid more like $300. there have been several discussions over at sprint users about the way that billing can make it seem like you paid much less (you have not been billed so whatever your account says todya is meaningless -- after I bought my treos my account showed a credit owned to me by sprint for $1300 for several weeks).

there was a new poster at sprint users with the exact same set of cirucmstances. He thought he got it for $99.99 but what happned was he was charged $250 net for his 650 and then the $99.99 was added for the 700p - his net cost was actually $350.. He did not even know that the rebates he thought he had coming were of course not going to come sincethis was already included in his discount.

nothing you think you got frm sprint means anything until two or three billing cycles later.
    Last edited by aero; 06/26/2006 at 03:51 PM.
    got mine for $119 thru retention...with NO renewal required
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    nothing you think you got frm sprint means anything until two or three billing cycles later.
    That's what I'm a bit nervous about myself. I've had so many plan updates since upgrading to the 700p and am still trying to switch to SERO, so yeah, nervous about the upcoming bills.

Especially text messaging! OMG, I have like 1400 already and they have that new lame policy that starts 7/1.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    Words to live by....
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt
    that is very sweet. i've heard of people getting it for free thru retentions.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    The first person I spoke to said she'd give it to me for the same as the web special ($399) by giving me a $150 credit (for a rebate I didn't get) plus an additional $50 off for all the trouble I was going though with Sprint, so $350 total. Sounded great, but the phone never arrived. When I called back, a different rep told me the price of the phone was $449, minus my $200 worth of credits, so I'd only have to pay $250. This time the phone did arrive. Then, yesterday, the bill arrived, and I was charged $649 for the phone. As soon as I can find another THREE HOURS to spend on the phone, I'll have to call them back and go through the same crap all over again.
  10.    #10  
    It's only $100 as long as I send the 650 back. If I don't send it back they'll charge me for the 700p. We already sent it back, net chagre $100.
    I got my Sprint 700p for $99.99 via a wholesale Sprint supplier on eBay (Buy it Now Price--no hidden charges whatsoever).

Just went and looked--now a competitor is offering 700p on Sprint for $79.99 (see http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SPRINT-TREO-...QQcmdZViewItem)

Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt
    So what's the game when you make the call to cancel? Just tell them you are going with another carrier that has a sweet deal on a 700p or what?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMountain
    Just went and looked--now a competitor is offering 700p on Sprint for $79.99 (see http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SPRINT-TREO-...QQcmdZViewItem)
    Nice math in that auction
    Code:
    Price:                                             $679.99
    Instant Sprint Rebates:                           -$150.00
    Instant other Rebates and first month of service: -$350.00
    Your Cost:                                          $79.99*