1.    #1  
    ... to run the Treo for ONE FULL WEEK without soft/warm/hard/zero-out resets.

I took it upon myself to see how long I can go without reseting my Treo. Today, it is one week.

No, it is not switched-off and put-away.

I've been using it normally for phone calls, roaming, SMSs, emails, news, stock updates, music, you name it! Also, "heavy" software like Money and BatteryGraph. I also installed some freeware and deleted some too.

MemInfo reports the following:
    Storage Heap (Flash): 9922 KB

NVFS DB Cache (RAM) Free: 10821 KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 3443 KB

Dynamic Heap (RAM) Free: 3778 KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 1849 KB
    I hope I didn't speak-out too soon.

Just like the old days, to see how many days we could go without rebooting our Unix machines.
    Game over!
    I could probably get away with no resets that long but I use LJP to play my nintendo games.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I just have envy.....
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    GreenHex,

How bout a list of what you're running. I'd love to go a week without a reset. Sometimes mine resets when texting....regular TEXTING. its a pain but I still love my Treo.
    It's been at least a month for me. Ringtone managers like Lightwav and Ringo seem to be the culprits in my case. I no longer use any, and my resets have all but disappeared.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Mine always last for a week or two. And I am running a bunch of applications like nexus, doc to go,butler, ringo, volumce care, callrec and a lot more.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I use lots of 3rd party stuff and rarely have resets. The only consistent reset I get is when I Hotsync believe it or not. As soon as I tap the Sync button.. reset. Then I can sync just fine. The only thing I do not use that many of you seem to is browsing the net.
    3rd party apps:
    Launcher X
    DocstoGo
    Planetarium
    2Day
    tcpmp
    ptunes
    avantgo
    ledoff
    backupbuddy
    volumecare
    keygtime+
    a few others get some rare use.

I haver VERY few resets
    If I ain't taking a long trip, I go months w/o a reset...in fact in 17 months I have had about 5 unscheduled resets. TT can get funky (will fall out of color screen and go to b&w or shoud I say dark blue / light blue) if I don't either soft reset or use clear caches first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's been at least a month for me. Ringtone managers like Lightwav and Ringo seem to be the culprits in my case. I no longer use any, and my resets have all but disappeared.
    MTIDJFTYWWTK
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    MTIDJFTYWWTK
    WTF?

Ooops. Sorry. I for one welcome our new TC overlords and promise to never use foul language again.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    MTIDJFTYWWTK
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    How bout a list of what you're running. I'd love to go a week without a reset.
    Ok, here is the list, installed in addition to the standard Cingular software...

On the Treo: 3XCom, AllTime4, BatteryGraph, CallLogTools, PalmaryClock, DateBk5, Destaller, DiddleBug, DtoG, HandyShopper, KeyCaps600, LEDOff, Money, MSDict, netClock, NVBackup, Oxford Dictionary, PalmInternals, pFuel, Projects, pTunes, QuickNews, RBackup, RLock, Stock Broker Pro, ScrBtn, SharkMsg, SharkROM, SoftReset, SoundRec, SplashPhoto, SysTool, TreoMax, Profiles, FieldPlus, PowerClip.

On the Card: AI Poker, Alarms, Bejeweled! Bejeweled2, ChangeMe, Checkers, DataVizTech, Dates, EasyCalc, FlieZ, FreeJongg, MemInfo, Monopoly, NVBackup, pedit, RBackup, ResetNetLib, RoundUp, Scrabble, Solitaire, Spades, TCPMP, Traffic, WatchMaker.

The blue items are freeware.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/26/2006 at 09:14 PM.
  13.    #13  
    My tips and suggestions to get to this state of Nirvana (there is a disclaimer that always goes with such things... and I have no clue how the Treo HW and SW work):

- I somehow feel that locking everything indiscriminately in memory (with RLock) contributed to a lot of crashes. I am considering unlocking the few locked utilities and deleting it from my Treo. Clearly, there is an art to this "locking" problem, that I have not mastered yet.

- I Used SysTool and deleted all the "Saved" and "UnSaved" preferences from my Treo that I could positively identify as not being used by any software. I'm sure there are still a few left-over, but I'll let them be for the time being. (Note, with SysTool, even items marked -Unknown- may sometimes be used by installed software. And remember, ALL lower-case CreatorIDs belong to Palm)

- I delibrately scheduled alarms so that they don't clash (i.e. are NOT scheduled for the same time.)

- I've noticed that using the Security lock to "Auto Lock Device" sometimes created problems with programs that run in the background (email autoupdate etc...). I'd sometimes find (to my dismay) my Treo has rebooted and stuck with the Phone off. Currently, the Auto Lock is disabled.

Hope this helps some of you and others who know better can please contribute...
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/26/2006 at 09:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Resets have gone down alot but i still get them when launching Nweb from a favorite button. Then it goes for a week plus.
  15.    #15  
    Shortly after posting above, my Treo froze.

- I moved into a no-coverage area
    - Phone tried to connect to GPRS as SBPro scheduled update fired-up

Freeze!
    Game over!
    Murphy's Law
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve