1.    #1  
    Hi, just bought mine yesterday, for the sole reason of sending and receiving faxes back!!!! I downloaded the trial software, it works fine for sending, not doing so well with receiving, any help would be truly appreciated since I have to elave town in a couple of days.... Another question, can this thing syncroniz with MS outlook calendar and contacts? My Nokia was so much better at this.... Any tips would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    You have a 650 right, The fax will come as a PDF or as Tiff file via your email, you then need a program to open it , like Palm PDF reader (free) and away you go.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-904.html?PalmPDF

Regarding syncing with outlook etc, have you got Chapura Pocketmirror set up??
  3.    #3  
    Can I annonate (sign or draw) the fax and fax it back? Have you tried this at all?
  4.    #4  
    What is the Chapura program?
    I have, signing things gets a little choppy due to use of the stylus. I found that zooming in on a signature line and writing slow helped.
    for treo650, you can be able to view and edit your PDF documents.
    IF YOU CAN'T BEAT ME, JOIN ME!!!
  7. Tec
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    You have a 650 right, The fax will come as a PDF or as Tiff file via your email, you then need a program to open it , like Palm PDF reader (free) and away you go.
    Bazman was trying the CS Fax trial. CS Fax is actually real fax software - it runs over the modem in your Treo (and carrier,) not a gateway service that forwards you a file. CS Fax is the viewer, the receiver, the editing tool, the storage system, all in one. It basically turns the Treo into a fax machine. It also receives faxes on everything but a GSM cellphone, which is something we're still working on and what's killing Bazman.

The upcoming 3.1.0 version of CS Fax, available in open beta, actually uses a TIF format subset for saving to VFS. In theory, if you were really hard up you may be able to open efax's TIF attachments with CS Fax. (You can send them to CS Fax from your Mail app directly.) Then you could receive via efax, annotate/store and send them back out. (Repeatedly, if one wanted.) Obviously this is a hack and we're continuing to work on enabling native receive like we have on CDMA and external modems.