1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me the best way to be able to check my Lotus Notes email from work? I don't have a need for push email right now and am fine with manually getting it via Versamail. I'd like to use Versamail if possible since I use it for my POP and IMAP accounts. Thanks!
    My company uses OneBridge Xtend Connect. They have their own mail software included with the connection software.
    I use an agent in Notes that automatically forwards new email to my personal gmail account, which I then retrieve with Versamail.
    But most companies disable that function in their templates for confidentiality reasons.
    I once used Lotus Notes for about 2 years and, during that time, I sync'ed with mNotes on my Palm OS devices. I found mNotes to be an outstanding product for interfacing with Lotus Notes.

Go to: http://web.commontime.com/
    Last edited by Gordon_Dickens; 06/26/2006 at 07:42 AM.
    Because my company has some much encryption set up, no 3rd party solution has worked for me...the only work around I found was to create a rule to forward all messages to a personal email account(imap or pop3)...you can blind copy yourself on replies from this account so they show up in your Lotus inbox. It's a pain but it is all I could come up with.
    You would think there would be more solutions given IBM still claims there are more domino servers out there than Exchange servers
    Last edited by muncheroo; 07/26/2006 at 11:05 PM.
    One would think...

PS, if your company has Lotus WebMail set up, you might be able to connect through your cell phone carrier's email system, i.e. with T-Mobile, they have Corporate MyEmail which claims to accept the WebMail settings...realizing of course there is no GSM 700P, yet, not sure what Sprint/Verizon have. My company doesn't even have that enabled so I can't test it.
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb
    I use an agent in Notes that automatically forwards new email to my personal gmail account, which I then retrieve with Versamail.
    I would love to see the code behind your agent. I am guessing it leaves a copy in your notes mail?
    so you can't connect to domino servers through pop / imap with versamail?
    well you can pop for sure. but we don't allow that were i work. shhhhhh i am the evil IT guy that is trying to get arround the system. don't tell anyone. i am not the notes admin but I am the firewall security guy.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muncheroo
    so you can't connect to domino servers through pop / imap with versamail?
    Domino supports POP and IMAP but the services can be turned off to prevent the access. The best software I have seen is Good followed by mSuite CommonTime.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    You must have Verizon. Sprint Business Connection works great with lotus notes as far as receiving, but forwarding never seems to work, although it used to. Been using it for 3 years since my T600. Can even navigate through one of my network directories with it. It's cool!
    Here's what I do guys -- I used outlook 2003.

Microsoft has a connector plug-in that's free.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Install it, and it finds your username.id file and your lotus notes configuration files and let's you do address lookups, respond to appointment requests, etc.

What I do is set up a rule in outlook to forward all the email that comes into my work inbox set up by this connector to my fastmail account, to a folder named Work Email. Fastmail then pushes all new email to my phone via Chatter and BOOM -- work email on my phone. Only problem is, you have to have MS outlook open ALL THE TIME for this to work.

But if that's not a problem, you still get the ability to use Microsoft Outlook instead of Lotus Notes!

Here's another option, that's better if it's allowed -- Martin Scott makes a mail agent called Wireless Email at www.martinscott.com -- this thing rules! It sets itself up as an agent _on the server_ so it's always on! I had it redirect (not forward) all of my work email to my Fastmail Work Email inbox that I had above, but 6 months later, my company decided all mail agents were no longer allowed. And I was out the $60 that I spent at martinscott.com. Stellar product tho, I definitely recommend it.

That mNotes app is mainly syncing your email to your phone, unless I missed something, and that's really not what I wanted.