Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what model is selling better the p or the w ?
    now I know sprint does not have the w yet but I keep hearing things
    like the Moto Q has sold more than the treo w all ready ?? and the 700p
    is not selling at all.
    I just would like some hard facts on whats selling and what not ...
    I think that is a great question.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

w
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    w
    Based on....?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I think it is the P...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Very interesting post!

I'd like to know as well
    It's too soon to get a useful answer to that question. The w still isn't available from Sprint. But the w has been on the market considerably longer than the p. Any sales data at this point would be useless as any sort of gauge of the long-term prospects of either device.
    Well it depends on the data. If you knew the dates it was tracked and compared the same amount of time, it may be useful.

Good point on sprint not selling the W though.

Why exactly does this matter? Not sure if you'd want to base a decision on what to buy strictly on the masses.

That having been said, I'm not sure what the current breakdown is but I think that 3 months from now it would be:

1) Q
    2) 700p
    3) 700w

Everything I am hearing seems to indicate that now that the P is out few people would seriously consider the W, and in fact it even sounds like a few are switching over. My guess would be that the P will eventually kill the current incarnation of the W off by making it largely irrelevant. On the other hand the Q is targeting a much broader market, and I think that in the long run its sales would dwarf that of the 700p, but this would have nothing to do with technical superiority and everything to do with mass market "sex appeal".

I suppose that you could argue that whatever device sells more would have more relevant software being developed for it in the future (as developers would be more drawn to it), however I think that the limitations of WM5 Smartphone Edition and hardware limitations of the Q (lack of touchscreen) will result in inferior/more limited software being developed for the Q when compared to the software that is out for the Palm platform.

So again if you're asking this to help you make a buying decision, I'd say you're better off focusing on what you think would be a better device for you based on your own needs and expectations. If all you want is phone, email, and basic internet. Then the Q would be fine. If you also want to be able to run other software (gps, document/spreadsheet creation, etc...) then the Treo would be more useful and functional.

Also, it's probably worthwhile to look at the service options out for each device too. The Q is Verizon only, which means you'd be paying $80 a month minimum for a basic plan with unlimited data. With Sprint you'd be looking at a minimum of $55 for a comparable plan (if you get in on SERO before it expires, then you could be looking at $30). In my opinion the price of the phone (even at $399) is largely irrelevant compared to what you end up paying for the service over two years.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    http://www.brighthand.com/best_pdas/default.asp has a list of "most popular PDAs" -
    "Below is a list of the most viewed PDAs based on Brighthand.com product views data."
    But these aren't sales figures. Dunno where one would find actual sales figures.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I suppose that you could argue that whatever device sells more would have more relevant software being developed for it in the future (as developers would be more drawn to it), however I think that the limitations of WM5 Smartphone Edition and hardware limitations of the Q (lack of touchscreen) will result in inferior/more limited software being developed for the Q when compared to the software that is out for the Palm platform.
    I'm not sure about this statement. Look at slingbox, who has already ported their software to the Q. If smartphone becomes very popular it will be trivial to port pocketpc software to that platfrom (basically just reviewing the UI to make sure everything can be done stylus free).

Surur
    Every time you log onto TreoCentral forums look at the number of people viewing the 700w vs. 700p. There are usually 4 X more people on the p forum vs. the w forum. Tells me somethin'
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    There are usually 4 X more people on the p forum vs. the w forum. Tells me somethin'
    Like, more people having problems with the "p"? Just kidding!
    Pp
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Every time you log onto TreoCentral forums look at the number of people viewing the 700w vs. 700p. There are usually 4 X more people on the p forum vs. the w forum. Tells me somethin'
    Well you need to remember that prior to the "w", this was soley a Palm OS site, so the Palm OS member base is a lot bigger on TC.
  16.    #16  
    Check out this link,
    it looks like the Q is getting a high returns
    and if you look the fourms for the 700p always has more users logged on, now I don't know if its because the p is new or are there more p users ?
    thats the question

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/m...f_returns.html
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    Like, more people having problems with the "p"? Just kidding!
    LOL-that and the fact that Motorola usually make pretty solid products?

Eh, it shouldn't tell you much at TreoCentral has its historic origins rooted firmly in the Palm camp.
    From the retail store point of view it's without a doubt the P.

I still have W's around from my very first shipment in January but have gone through 2 shipments of P's already.
    Everything I am hearing seems to indicate that now that the P is out few people would seriously consider the W,
    Dont know where you got that one from. Most large enterprises that are Exchange shops would purchase the 700w before the p for MS Direct Push.

Remember, some large companies buy thousands of units at a time. I know mine does.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast