1.    #1  
    700p owners: I've heard the Versamail on the 700p is "improved," but whenever anyone elaborates on said improvement, all that's mentioned is that it's "more stable."

What I'd really like it know is if VM's 2 biggest Achilles' Heels have been fixed: (1) Can you now check multiple accounts similtaneously? (2) Does the "Also delete message(s) on server" option now actually work? With Snappermail, once I hit "Junk," I know I won't see the message again on the desktop. With Versamail, I know I will.
    I am a VM guy. Works very well for me.
    I have set up and regularly use to rec and send from
    My work/ University - IMAP
    Army AKO - IMAP
    Gmail
    Personal with SBC/ATT yahoo.
    All work very well.
    To answer your second Q:
    I have set up all of the above Mail accounts to filter spam( on the server options) and delete them immedietly for good. This way it does not reach my inbox in the first place, so no junk mail to download with the treo. Works rather well, better than I expected.
    Hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply, but I'm still unclear as to whether you're able to check multiple accounts simultaneously. With VM on the 650, you can only send and receive from one account at a time.

The "Junk" feature on Snapper is a misnomer, which doesn't have to do with "junk mail." It's used to delete messages off the server, so that you don't have to download the same message again when you're at the desktop. On Snapper, when you delete (Junk) a message off the server, it really deletes it. On Versamail I've never seen this feature actually work.

But I do agree that Versamail has it all over Snapper on filters. One of the things I hate about Snapper is the complete absence of mail filters. I've read about people contacting Snappermail on this issue, and their replies indicate that they don't believe that filters are a good way to handle spam (they seem unaware that filters are also used for filing categories of mail, not just eliminating spam). For a while I kept hoping that later versions of the app would include filters, but the company seems to be philosophically opposed to the idea.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    you cannot check multilple accounts simultaneously on VM. You can program the phone to automatically d/l messages and I suggest that you stagger the times. for example, I d/l mail every three hours at half hour intervals for each account. Works great however, you should disable alerts for failure and mail recieved. Phone desktop will notify you when you get mail.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    ....(2) Does the "Also delete message(s) on server" option now actually work? With Snappermail, once I hit "Junk," I know I won't see the message again on the desktop. With Versamail, I know I will.
    I'm just a noobie, but on my SBCGlobal POP account, if I "Also delete from the server", it does not delete from the server.
    hi all, I'm a noob as well - i just installed VM on my treo 700p, after going back from chatter (which was slowing down and draining my battery to the pt where it was unusable)..

how do i make sure it lets me know when new mail has arrived? i see the new mail messages in the phone desktop only after i go into VM, but don't read the messages.. but if i have new messages waiting, there is no indicator - is there any way to make it vibrate and let me know? thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by word2218
    hi all, I'm a noob as well - i just installed VM on my treo 700p, after going back from chatter (which was slowing down and draining my battery to the pt where it was unusable)..

how do i make sure it lets me know when new mail has arrived? i see the new mail messages in the phone desktop only after i go into VM, but don't read the messages.. but if i have new messages waiting, there is no indicator - is there any way to make it vibrate and let me know? thanks..
    On the Sprint version, the green indicator light flashes whenever there's a task, calaner event or new email. Of course, you have to set a time interval to check your account.

PS...I mention that Sprint's 700p uses an indicator LED because I though that I read somewhere that the Verizon version doesn't do this.
    but still nothing to make it vibrate on new mail? thats just rediculous
    and mail should show up on the phone screen like text messages and voicemail do, thats something else that makes me want to go back to the 6700
    word2218 - If you were having those problems, something was wrong in the configuration; slowdowns and huge battery drain are not normal. If you're interested in following up on this, let me know by email at support@chatteremail.com.

Marc