Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I'm still getting no end of problems getting my Treo 650 to synch with my (brand new) Windows XP (SP2) desktop.

Almost every single time something goes wrong, and it's driving me mad.

Right now it's stuck on the all-too-familiar 'synchronizing calendar' screen.

And when I give up waiting, the hotsyc app will say it's "not responding" on my desktop and I'll have to force the thing to close.

And when I restart it again, most likely nothing will happen when I try and sync the second time - or I might get a "USB device not recognised" message.

Meanwhile, after cancelling the hotsync on the Treo, the phone will take long, long minutes to finally stop displaying the 'cancelling, please wait screen' or it might freeze and have to be reset.

Now I love Palms - I've had various models since 1999 but this is sending my crazy.

Just about every single hotsync goes wrong and not always just at the calendar setting.

I've tried reinstalling the Palm desktop. I've tried disabling my firewall. I've tried disabling various conduits. I've tried a different cable and a different USB port. I've tried using dbScan 1.9c and still I keep on getting regular problems.

Has anyone - please - got any ideas here?
    When it gets stuck and gives an error message like what you are receiving, it is an indication that the file may be corrupt. May I suggest that you set the sync manager to not sync the calander and see what happens. DBScan can be used in an attempt to correct the problem and there are even times when deleting an entry or two takes care of the problem.

If you have a good calander sync, you also have the option of writing down the new entries, deleting the old file and syncing in the new one.

Ben
    What I did, is I went and bought the appropriate Chapura program Pocket Mirror XT. It works properly 99% of the time and when it doesn't it is esy to force it to work. they also have an excellant customer service operation.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphwg
    What I did, is I went and bought the appropriate Chapura program Pocket Mirror XT.
    But that only works with Outlook and I don't use that horrible program!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Make sure Windows installs the driver for the Treo, it does not always do it by default. Go into Device Manager and reinstall the driver from the CD.