Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello, i've been using brightcam on my 650 and now I own a 700p it no longers seems to work. A message appears that i need a treo 600 and it disables the application. The last version came out last year so Im not sure if the developer will update it or is there another application that works the same way, using the camera to adjust the brightness of the treo's display.

thanks
    Ira
    I read somewhere they are working on the patch.. That was the best 650 program that no one talks about.
    Me too, I loved it, it is a bummer that it doesn't work for the 700p, steveme, can you find where you read that, I would be really interested, that program is nice when you enter a dark room and the light is auto adjusted.thanx
    I'm on my mobile, otherwise I would google it...

-what does this program do?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I worked with the developer several weeks ago and he sent me a test version that would work on the 700p, but because of the lag we have all seen in apps like Butler and others, Brightcam was almost unusable to me, so I've disabled it for now. I did notice over on mytreo.net that a new version was posted yesterday. I'm assuming it will run on the 700p, but don't have any evidence to that fact.
    Update states 'Tested with: 600, 650'. No mention of 700p.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    BrightCam 0.6.9

* Code cleanup in events loop
    * Primary Treo700p support
    * New "no-autooff" list (cotoGPS, PalmPDF)

Where this is mentioned:
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/board,15.0.html

Download link:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/file-236-1.html
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Right you are. I hadn't seen that here, here , or here.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks to all..i'll download it and give it a try...hopefully this will close the books on all my apps which didnt work on the Treo 700p. Overall, its been better than my Treo 650. hope eveyone enjoy's theirs!

ira
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i-man
    Thanks to all..i'll download it and give it a try...hopefully this will close the books on all my apps which didnt work on the Treo 700p. Overall, its been better than my Treo 650. hope eveyone enjoy's theirs!

ira
    I'm actually having a problem in where the app is making my phone screen brighter when the environment is bright and dimmer when the environment is dark. Its working backwards. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer10
    I'm actually having a problem in where the app is making my phone screen brighter when the environment is bright and dimmer when the environment is dark. Its working backwards. Am I doing something wrong?
    I haven't installed Brightcam yet on my 700p, but I'm a long time BC user on my 600 and I loved it. Definitely a battery saver.

That is the way it is supposed to work. When it's bright (when you're outside), a dim screen is unreadable and you don't need your keyboard backlight -- Hence the screen is turned up all the way and keyboard is turned off.

When you are inside or in the dark, you don't need the screen so bright--medium brightness usually works just fine. Depending on how dark it is and your BC settings, you may or may not need the keyboard backlight.

Does this make sense now?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    I haven't installed Brightcam yet on my 700p, but I'm a long time BC user on my 600 and I loved it. Definitely a battery saver.

That is the way it is supposed to work. When it's bright (when you're outside), a dim screen is unreadable and you don't need your keyboard backlight -- Hence the screen is turned up all the way and keyboard is turned off.

When you are inside or in the dark, you don't need the screen so bright--medium brightness usually works just fine. Depending on how dark it is and your BC settings, you may or may not need the keyboard backlight.

Does this make sense now?
    Makes total sence but the problem Im having is that its working in the opposite way. Bright in day light and dim in lower light.
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer10
    Makes total sence but the problem Im having is that its working in the opposite way. Bright in day light and dim in lower light.
    I'm confused? What I just wrote explains that is the way it is supposed to work "Bright in Daylight and Dim in lower light" This is the proper functionality.
    Its not confusing...I am currently using it on my 700P and I have noticed extended battery life and it is working fine so far. I loaded it in Uninstall Manager's Sandbox first for a try and then loaded it.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Hey KStewart -- As I said above, I'm a HUGE fan of BC. My only concerns which led me to hold off installing it was the possibility that it would cause additional white-screen "hanging" due to the known and documented app switching delays. Do you have BC to set your screen based on turning on the device, changeing apps, or continuous (every X seconds -- I can't even imagine this is useful). Personally, I thought turn-on was sufficient, but I'm just wondering if you have seen and delays at turn on.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm confused? What I just wrote explains that is the way it is supposed to work "Bright in Daylight and Dim in lower light" This is the proper functionality.

Woops, looks like I should have had an extra cup of coffee before reading your post this morning.... HA!

Thanks for you help.
    Always remember to completely delete this app when you change devices. Settings from your old device, including the key, will create problems on the new device (including the "white screen of death").
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Hey KStewart -- As I said above, I'm a HUGE fan of BC. My only concerns which led me to hold off installing it was the possibility that it would cause additional white-screen "hanging" due to the known and documented app switching delays. Do you have BC to set your screen based on turning on the device, changeing apps, or continuous (every X seconds -- I can't even imagine this is useful). Personally, I thought turn-on was sufficient, but I'm just wondering if you have seen and delays at turn on.
    No way...that lags it even worse every X second. I agree with you personally about the turn on being sufficient. I get a little white screen hang going from menu screen to phone sometimes but not often, and its not bad enough to gripe about. I look at it this way, as long as I am not getting premature resets, and the performance is consistant, I am happy. The treo has such a market for applications that some should already be offered already in the device...common...like BC. Especially certain utillity apps. Untill further updates come for the 700p, I keep mine clean...I am only using 4 apps right now that seem compatible, that I use profesionally and personally and it is all I need for now, and she has been working good so far. Also, there is a little delay at turn on with the keyguard: Press center button to unlock prompt.
    Last edited by KStewart; 06/29/2006 at 03:05 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Since I have installed BC...I have noticed a marginal increase in battery life. Before BC, at the end of the work day with my normal use I would have 59%. After installing BC...I know have 89% and can go two days or so without a charging. Of course this is related to my personal routine of use, but I am very pleased.
    at&t iPhone3G
    After installing and setting up BrightCam my 700p kept shutting off, requiring a reset to get it going again. Took a bit of experimenting to discover it was happening when a text message came in. It quite doing this when I disabled BC.

Has anyone else had this conflict and/or any suggested solutions?
    Last edited by webwzrd; 07/17/2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Include Sig
    webwzrd
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast