1.    #1  
    Greetings,

I need to get my MSL so that I can do some experimentation with Power Vision HA selection and my 700P as described in this TC thread.

What's the best way? Do I call CS and ask, do I email eCare, what?

Thanks much!

Tim ==
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx
    Greetings,

I need to get my MSL so that I can do some experimentation with Power Vision HA selection and my 700P as described in this TC thread.

What's the best way? Do I call CS and ask, do I email eCare, what?

Thanks much!

Tim ==
    It's been sometime, but maybe I can be of help. Call up customer care and tell them your phone isn't working right and you can't make calls out or some such thing. Call from a phone different than the one you'll be fiddling with.

You can tell them you know something's not right as the phone displays zeros and not your phone number. That's a clue for them that you're phone isn't programmed properly.

They'll need to give you a six digit code (msl) to get into the programming...let them walk you through it, then tell them the code didn't work. This is because there is a one time use code, and then the actual msl code. you'll know if you can enter the code to get into the programming mode more than once that you have the correct msl. I'd stall them and try the code a couple times to make sure it's the actual msl. If not, tell them it didn't work and they'll be forced to give you the msl.

They don't like to give out the MSL, thus the general trickery to ensure you get it. Once you have the correct code, i suggest writing it down on the inside of the phone with permanent marker.