1.    #1  
    I use a Treo 650 on the Vodafone network in the UK and have been told by my local retailer that I could save 30 a month on my bill if I switched to a Blackberry, basically because of the Blackberry push technology.

I am loath to dump my Palm: I prefer the operating sytem, I need the SD card port, and the camera, whilst pretty poor, is a useful tool. In general it's much easier to use and much easier to adapt, despite the woeful memory, than the wedge-shaped Blackberry.

Is there a way of making my 650 compatible with the Blackberry system? Do I need to buy a Treo 700?

All answers gratefully received!
    I think there are some threads on this already.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I have Blackberry Connect running on my Treo for the last month or so - literally took the SIM from my company issued BB and stuck it in the Treo.

Some good data here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=bb+connect

Search on Blackberry Connect for even more data.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks very much. I have a Blackberry which has yet to be connected. I'll get that done and swap sim cards, but I presume I'll have to lose my number.
    There you go...this a very helpful thread...i'm actually learning from this...keep it up guys!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackeyres
    Thanks very much. I have a Blackberry which has yet to be connected. I'll get that done and swap sim cards, but I presume I'll have to lose my number.
    read some of the thread (it is a little long), but I think you should NOT fire up the BB, but load BB Connect on the Treo put the SIM in and fire that up first.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    read some of the thread (it is a little long), but I think you should NOT fire up the BB, but load BB Connect on the Treo put the SIM in and fire that up first.
    I downloaded the BB software from the Palm site. Synced a second time, as asked, but got a message saying the account is not provisioned properly on the server. Any ideas on how I get round that?
    getting the same provisioned errors... not sure why. Any help would be appreciated
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    read thru the thread listed above, it's got a lot of good data.

not sure if this is the same issue, but I had to go to the hotsync icon in the tray, right click, select custom, select blackberry from the list, select change, and check the box that says enable blackberry connect for next hotsync. then hotsync again. let me know if this helps.

also, if you are on t-mobile:
    go to Prefs, network, select modify, APN and add wap.voicestream.com

this will get you all your web access.

hope this helps.