1.    #1  
    Hi everyone I am looking to buy a 700p for verizon and have some newbie questions that i hope you all can help me with.

1) Does the 700p come with a email app included, that will forward my gmail to the device, or do i have to buy a program such as chattermail? If it comes with one, why is there so much hype about buying chattermail, is it so much better?

2) Does it come with a program that edits word/excel/pwrpnt files or is that another $40 purchase? I heard documents to go is the palm os version i was just wondering if it comes with the device out of box.

3) If i have a bunch of mp3 ringtones and converted them to aac format, can i add them as ringtones on the 700p straight off the sd card?

4) I saw alot of applications for mp3 ringtones and picture ids. Can i put picture id's for phonebook entries , or do i have to buy a program for that?

5) Is there a way for me to add a "wallpaper" to the standard palm background.

6) What are all those launcher programs, and how are they necessary? I just dont seem to get it.

I appreciate all you taking the time to help me make my decision. I am sorry for the lenghty questions, i searched for the answers but couldnt find them. All input is appreciated. Thank You
    I think You can download the manual from palm.

Answer #1. A lot of people don't like the included VersaMail app.
    Thats one reason they go to Chatter, and because Chatter has "Push"
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel

I appreciate all you taking the time to help me make my decision. I am sorry for the lenghty questions, i searched for the answers but couldnt find them. All input is appreciated. Thank You
    Did your search include this thread?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116264

Good luck.
    1) Yeah, it comes with versamail. Yeah, in my opinion, versamail sucks. All e-mail done on a mobile should TOTALLY be pushmail, cause its that amazing. Chattermail does this well... for more, use search.

2) Yes, it comes with Documents to Go, if you havent learned that by now, you havent put enough thought into your purchase

3) Nope, its a bit harder than that... not too bad though. Need to use a vision uploader like funformobile or focus, and it takes care of it... for more, use search

4) Uh, never saw picture ID programs, but im a first time treo user, although i know 650s can do it also. As for ringtones.... external ringtone managers have a lot of advantages over native AAC integration, so its all about what you wanna do. For more, search.

5) Phone screen yes, Launcher no. I think. But, you can get Skinner or PalmRevolt and totally remix how everything looks, so Godspeed on that one.

6) They reconfig the way the menus are setup, hide icons, display different information, allow for a diff look, diff plugins, whatever. I like Palms launcher, most don't... for more, Search.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    1) Yeah, it comes with versamail. Yeah, in my opinion, versamail sucks. All e-mail done on a mobile should TOTALLY be pushmail, cause its that amazing.
    It depends on your needs, really. Personally, I've considered the 700p mainly because I sometimes have a desire to quicky view my e-mail, but had a Blackberry and didn't like the idea of it being my electronic ball and chain, getting buzzed each and every time someone sent me something. For this the 700p is appealing because with VersaMail I could do a quick pull of my e-mail at a time and frequency of my choosing.
    off topic but are you a poet?
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I think You can download the manual from palm.

Answer #1. A lot of people don't like the included VersaMail app.
    Thats one reason they go to Chatter, and because Chatter has "Push"

How often can u set versamail's interval to check your email. so basically to mimic push mail, without it being push.