Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Whenever I take a picture with the camera on my 650, the pics are really dark. Is there a flash on the camera or a way to make the camera take brighter pics?
    Is there a flash on the camera????!!! LmaO!!! Read the fogging manual dude...
    No. There is no flash.

What I have found is that if I enable the "Review Photos on timeout" and allow the Treo to take the 3 seconds countdown or whatever before it saves it that the pictures turn out brighter.

Originally I also found the pics to be way too dark and at the time, I didn't allow the Treo to "review" the photos. You may want to try that.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr
    No. There is no flash.

What I have found is that if I enable the "Review Photos on timeout" and allow the Treo to take the 3 seconds countdown or whatever before it saves it that the pictures turn out brighter.

Originally I also found the pics to be way too dark and at the time, I didn't allow the Treo to "review" the photos. You may want to try that.
    Nice one, didn't know that & it does help. Thanks

Tosh
    No. There is no flash.

ur correct...what a nice info u'd given..
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    No. There is no flash.

Thanks. That helped a little bit. It's unfortunate that they didn't put a little more thought into the camera. Compared to other phone cameras, this one is not very good. Also I appreciate the intelligent answer.
    You're welcome.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    The other thing I've noticed is that the background plays a HUGE role... If you're trying to take a picture of a person, for instance, and you've got sky above them, the light freaks out the lens, and you'll have a dark face... if you're able to drop the camera to where you have a darker background behind the person, their face will instantly lighten and look better...
    No. There is no flash.

Beauty! Thanks, Maceyr, this is a huge improvement for me.
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)