Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Are there other Treo 700P users out there who find that GoodLink can cause the Treo to crash more often than not? About once or twice a day, when I try going to GoodLink, it causes a soft reset with the Treo. It's hard to say what factors are responsible, but it seems that I tend to notice more after using Blazer.
    What ROM version are you running and what version of GoodLink are you running?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I'm using GoodLink v4.8.14_EN on the Treo and GoodLink client 4.8. Thanks
    I've seend the same thing. Usually once a day, when I hit the MAIL button on the phone to go to Goodlink Mail I get the Palm logo and the Treo 700p resets. Running the same versions stated by AndrewJ.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LouieD
    I've seend the same thing. Usually once a day, when I hit the MAIL button on the phone to go to Goodlink Mail I get the Palm logo and the Treo 700p resets. Running the same versions stated by AndrewJ.
    Exactly...the same problem I'm encountering!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I get nearly the exact same problem, and it's making me seriously consider uninstalling Goodlink and finding another way to get my Exchange mail.

After a few hours of having Goodlink initialized and running in the background, I would go into the Email application (most of the trouble stems from the mail) and my Treo 700p would soft reset. It would then take about two to three minutes to recover from the crash. I don't have any background applications running (besides Versamail), and I have installed no hacks (like uncache, UDMH, etc.).

I'm running v.4.8.1.14_EN.
    What ROM version are you all running?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    The exact same thing happens to me. At least four times a day on my 700P I hit the mail button and the phone resets.

After each reset I dial ##377 and it states that Goodlink caused the reset.

How do I tell the version I'm running? I know it's the latest because I worked with Goodlink techsupport to get the correct version installed.
    Goodguy,

I have had this happen a few times. Nothing consistent. ROM is 1.08-SPNT.

(ROM is found under Phone Info.)

cahsdad
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Goodlink resets my Treo about 2 daily - usually when I switch over to Goodlink after not having accessed it for a few hours - totally frustrating.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    To follow up on my initial post, the phone software version is 1.06-VZW (is this what you meant by ROM)? But yes, I've noticed these soft resets occurring when I try to switch into the GoodLink application about once a day. It's not predictable, but it seems like it happens more frequently when I have many applications running (Chatteremail, Blazer, Datebk6, etc.). Thanks.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    My ROM is 1.08-SPNT
    Accessing my Goodlink causes my Treo 700p to reset at least twice daily:

Treo 700p - ROM - Sprint 1.08
    Goodlink - 4.8.1.14_EN
    Thanks all. Let me check with our development folks and see if they know of anything.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Thanks all. Let me check with our development folks and see if they know of anything.
    That would be fantastic!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    My ROM is Treo700p-1.08-SPNT.
    I checked with 5 other uses in my company that have a Sprint Treo 700p and all of them experience the resets when accessing Goodlink mail. None of the 75+ users with Treo 650s have the problems. The Sprint Treo 700p users have all provisioned OTA on version Goodlink - 4.8.1.14_EN
    My guess is that the 650 users are using an older version of Goodlink - I believe when I have by 650 it was version 4.7
    As a follow up, I have a call scheduled tomorrow with a manager in our support group to look into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    As a follow up, I have a call scheduled tomorrow with a manager in our support group to look into this.
    Perhaps you can have him look into these threads, too, as I noticed that you didn't respond to either of them:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=119226

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101541

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsdmems
    Perhaps you can have him look into these threads, too, as I noticed that you didn't respond to either of them:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=119226

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101541

Thanks!
    Will do.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast