1.    #1  
    Marc,

One more question (for now): for my personal account, I have always used POP from my desktop client (currently Eudora, though the account at pair.com can be accessed via IMAP or POP). I have it set to automatically delete messages from the server after 14 days. After Eudora has deleted old messages (POP), Chatter gets comfused and shows the right number of remainign messages (e.g. 20), but instead of the 20 newest messages, it shows the 20 oldest messages that were previously loaded into the mailbox.

The interesting thing is that this also happened with Versamail but doesn't happen with an IMAP desktop client on a different computer.

When I reload that mailbox, it does find the current 20 messages, and all is fine.

Have you ever heard of this happening? Is it related to using POP and IMAP together? (I do plan to switch my home client from Eudora POP to Apple Mail IMAP this weekend, so it'll be interesting to see if that problem remains.)
  2.    #2  
    Must be a "using IMAP and POP at the same time" issue. Now that my home client is IMAP, no more problems.