1.    #1  
    I couldn't find this answer on any of the forums. i did a hard reset and I am reinstalling everything fresh on my VZW T650. I have not reinstalled anything from teh CDROM. The only thing I can think of that I might need is versamail. I use Snappermail, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly after the reinstall. Is that becuase I need something off of the CDROM to make it work like Versamail or something else?
    Go to the Backup conduit settings and select Restore. Items that you previously installed but later removed will also be installed and will have to be removed again to save RAM.

Check out NVBackup, which backs up to the SD card and restoring is a breeze. I just changed ROM for the first time and it made things really easy.
  3.    #3  
    Yes but which items do I need?
    Three days ago I exchanged my 700p for an out-of-the-box one at Verizon. Having backed up right before I left, I immediately placed the new Treo in the cradle, hotsynched and was amazed that after about 8 to 10 minutes, my new Treo was exactly like its predecessor in terms of software, settings, retained passwords and functionality. I was delighted but not entirely surprised because this is essentially the same as doing a hard reset and restoring via hotsync, something I'd done a couple of times in the past. Hope this helps.