1.    #1  
    I know people have had some problems with their A-Data cards in terms of them failing electronically. However, I have a different problem with mine. The plastic cases crack and come apart easily. I'm on my second one and it is doing the same thing the first one did. The plastic enclosure is falling apart. I made the mistake of using too much superglue on the first one which stopped working after using the glue. (Superglue must be conductive). So, they replaced it. Sure enough, the replacement is doing the same friggin thing as the first. STAY AWAY FROM A-DATA CARDS!!! (Oh, BTW, it is a 2GB card)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I guess YMMV.
    I've had my A-Data 150x 2GB card for about 8 months with no probs...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  3.    #3  
    So far, I've managed to superglue this one without damaging the memory chip inside. Hopefully it will hold. I guess you're luckier than I am, ekeith. Hope yours stays together.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    So far, I've managed to superglue this one without damaging the memory chip inside. Hopefully it will hold.
    Good job. Let us know if it holds out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I guess you're luckier than I am, ekeith. Hope yours stays together.
    Sure hope so. Next time I'll look for alternatives...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    My A-Data 2GB has been perfect for 4+ months.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Mine for 17 months
    no problems from mine, and I have 3, the oldest being 4 months, and I constantly change them and pull on them, etc...
    I have a Patriot card with a similar flimsy plastic enclosure. I recognized this was occurring after removing the card several times and now unmount it as infrequently as possible. I do all my data transfer via Card Export II and USB rather than removing the card and placing it in a reader.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog
    I have a Patriot card with a similar flimsy plastic enclosure. I recognized this was occurring after removing the card several times and now unmount it as infrequently as possible. I do all my data transfer via Card Export II and USB rather than removing the card and placing it in a reader.
    I have had mine only for a few months. In each instance they started falling apart a couple of months after using them. It is also a card I was using infrequently. I was only putting video on it. I will say the the performance of the card is just fine for me. It's that cheap, flimsy case that is the problem. I have about 8 or so different cards and this is the ONLY one that it has happend to. You can just feel that the plastic is much thicker on my other cards (except for that cheepie 128 MB card Palm sent us with our 650's when we all complained about the memory). I have Lexar, Sandisk, Transcendand others). I think I'll opt for the slightly more expensive card for the next time (I'm waitin' for the 8GB's.)
    I just got a A-Data 2gb card, I'm having a strange issue. When I insert the card I does the "beep" sound to let you know the card is inserted and working. Then randomly it "beeps" as if the card was removed or ejected, but the card is not touched. I tried to reformat the card and still no luck. Any ideas?
    thanks

do you need something special software wise to use a 2gb sd card on the 700p?
    Last edited by tarkwolf; 01/28/2008 at 01:21 PM.
    I agree, my card actually broke inside of my 700p, a piece of the plastic came off, and I actually had to get it replaced because of that. Then, I had to fight with A-Data to honor their lifetime warranty to get the card replaced.
    I am on my 4th A-Data card - 2G, 4G, 8G and now 16G. Two of the cards had to be replaced do to weak packaging. The replacement process was trouble free. I like A-data because of the bang for the buck and lifetime warranty.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)