Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dreborn View Post
    i too have the parrot 3200 and noticed some interesting reboots while using it though never the "access powered" continous issue.

have u upgraded the firmware on your parrot 3200? make sure you do.

if you haven't upgraded your treo since you bought it you must likely don't have the latest version. i WOULDN'T rush out and get it though since it supposedly only fixes IR issues. though go for it if ya want. =)

i transfer my contacts to my parrot by setting the parrot to receive contacts, go to my contacts on the treo, make sure the category is set to "ALL" and then menu, send category, bluetooth. choose the parrot and away it goes.
    Okay, I haven't upgraded firmware on either the Parrot or the Treo, and I'm not sure how to do either. I'll figure it out, though.

Your comment about putting the Parrot in receive mode is very interesting - I have only been sending the category. I now have three things to play with to fix this!

I'll let you know how it goes...
    it's happened to me once, but after removing "YAHM" it didn't do it anymore. of course, i had to reset/erase the entire phone first.

otherwise it's been flawless.
    --
    robtro

now: vzw 700p
    old: sprint razr, sprint treo 600, cingular treo 650, cingular htc 8125, cingular blackberry 8700c...
    and a bunch of others that i had for a couple days.
    NOTE: verizon 700p

Ok, so of course I got the endless access powered loop. which sucked. did the soft reset. nothing. did a hard reset. nothing.

then i remembered the super way to do a real hard reset and...PHONE IS ALIVE AGAIN!

NOTE: you will of course lose all of your data on your phone! hopefully you backed up...

1. take out the battery and wait 10 seconds
    2. hold down the red power button AND DON'T LET GO UNTIL STEP 4
    3. Put the battery back in WHILE STILL HOLDING DOWN THE POWER BUTTON
    4. Wait until the Access Powered screen comes on and THEN finally let go of the power button
    5. Press up to erase all data, blah blah

remember once you hard reset to dial *22899 to reprogram your phone and update it with the latest verizon goodies (if you're on verizon).
    And we have one confirmation after this post that this has worked on at least one other occasion. Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by robtro View Post
    it's happened to me once, but after removing "YAHM" it didn't do it anymore. of course, i had to reset/erase the entire phone first.

otherwise it's been flawless.
    Sorry to ask - what's "YAHM"??
    Yet Another Hack Manager

Compliments of Google - http://yahm.palmoid.com/
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Update on my progress with making the 700P talk nice to the 3200.

I wasn't able to get on the Parrot website yesterday - it was down for maint (natch!). It's up now and I'll upgrade my Parrot first.

I didn't see anything but the IR firmware fix. I've turned it off to conserve battery life, so no worries there.

Thanks to dreborn, the contacts synched very well and they took voice tags. Too bad I didn't realize that the firmware update kills everything!!!

More tomorrow...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    NOTE: verizon 700p

Ok, so of course I got the endless access powered loop. which sucked. did the soft reset. nothing. did a hard reset. nothing.

then i remembered the super way to do a real hard reset and...PHONE IS ALIVE AGAIN!

NOTE: you will of course lose all of your data on your phone! hopefully you backed up...

1. take out the battery and wait 10 seconds
    2. hold down the red power button AND DON'T LET GO UNTIL STEP 4
    3. Put the battery back in WHILE STILL HOLDING DOWN THE POWER BUTTON
    4. Wait until the Access Powered screen comes on and THEN finally let go of the power button
    5. Press up to erase all data, blah blah

remember once you hard reset to dial *22899 to reprogram your phone and update it with the latest verizon goodies (if you're on verizon).
    Thank you Dreborn

i had the problem for the first time yesterday and started to panic. However, i remembered reading this thread even tho it did not apply to me.

Tracked the thread out this morning, tried it and it worked fine and then I did my back up from Backupman and life is wonderful again.

i did load one new program a few days ago, but it didnt happen till yesterday, so I am not sure it was that program. I deleted it this morning and will wait and see what happens.

Thank you to you and all the other wonderful contributors on this site
    Mike
    absolutely, so glad that it worked out for you.

i also read this topic when i didn't have the "loop" so pretty much disregarded it. there wasn't a solution posted when i came back which of course didn't help me too much. so at least i could come back and make sure someone didn't have to go through what i did. =)
    The thread is a little unclear.

there are loops that are recoverable and there is

an unrecoverable by any means access powered loop due to defective memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    The thread is a little unclear.

there are loops that are recoverable and there is

an unrecoverable by any means access powered loop due to defective memory.
    Nice to here from you Dutch. Isn't that the problem you had with your 700p a little while back with defective memory?
    at&t iPhone3G
    yes dutch, this thread was originally about the unrecoverable endless reset loop, but from misunderstanding by people not reading the thread right has a duel meaning now. I experienced the unrecoverable one, no matter what I did nothing got my phone working right. I had to get a replacement, and now my phone has been ok.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Like Dutch I had one that there was no recovery from. I got some out of memory error right before it died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastrider View Post

Also, opinions will vary, but every time I've had a major Palm problem with loops or resets I've been able to trace it back to DataViz Docs-To-Go. Don't get me wrong- I love Docs-2-Go, and use 2 other DataViz products and like them very much. But I've found that removing Docs-To-Go has almost always cured my problems without having to restore or rebuilt my POS device. In Docs-2-Go you simply go to Tools | Reinstall Handhelp Apps and you're back in luck.

With my last endless loop, rather than delete Docs-2-Go and waste time, I installed the DataViz Tech Tool utility (downloadable from their site). Under the Options | Advanced area you can elect to Delete Preferences and Delete Temp Database. By deleting these two items I was able to clear up my endless loop issue (which came back even after a complete memory card restore), which leads me to believe one of these items was corrupted somehow.

Anyway, backup and restore seems to help, and you can try the DataViz Tech Tool. Hope this helps someone.
    I've had the same problem - starting last night while reading a Doc. After three hard resets and some loop issues, I am completely baffled, and a noob to boot! NEWBIE alert - How do I delete applications that are in the ROM - I've searched a bunch of forums and can't find a hack or anything... someone please enlighten me? THanks!!!!!
    that happend to me on monday and i just about threw the phone out the window. heh. i did a hard reset while i was on the phone with VZW help and they even offered to send me a new one. i said no because i wanted to see if it would work. well, yesterday it reset itself just because so i called in and told them to send me another one. if it happens again, i'm gonna re-request another phone and if THAT doesn't work, i'm getting a new phone. the blackberry is looking mighty nice right now.
    I got my first one on Saturday after I downloaded DBCache Tool! I was on the phone with Verizon AND Palm for an hour to fix it! Took me 4 hard resets to fix it all!!! Thank god I had just bought Neat Freak a week ago.......
    http://www.verizonwirelessusers.com
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Palms have always suffered from programs being able to overwrite memory they weren't supposed to. But it seems that on the 700p programs can overwrite the NVRAM where the programs themselves live. Maybe this could always happen, I don't know. But it seems to happen more often on my 700p. Many times I have had programs themselves be corrupted and twice I got the reset loops. I believe that it is the program itself that gets corrupted because reloading the .prc and leaving all the data has been enough to solve some problems.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123