1.    #1  
    Like many others, I haven't been able to get the Hotsync manager to work via Bluetooth. I suspect it's because the native drivers on WinXP SP2, along with my Microsoft adapter, don't work. Many other adapters, eg, Belkin, come with Widcomm drivers, which are supposedly more configurable.

When I want to transfer a file or app from my PC, I simply right-click, and the Send To menu gives me the option: Bluetooth Device. When I click on it, the app (or file) instantly transfers to my 700p. This is way quicker and easier than hotsyncing.

I don't really need the backup functionality of hotsync, since I'm a happy user of the freeware app, NVBackup.

Others may have already discovered this, but thought this tip might be helpful to those who haven't.
    you can also drag the prc file or (whichever file) to the OBEX transfer icon in bluetooth.

Same concept
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    you can also drag the prc file or (whichever file) to the OBEX transfer icon in bluetooth.

Same concept
    I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find an OBEX transfer icon on my PC. The only BT configuration I have on my Dell Latitude D800 is Control Panel: Bluetooth Devices.
    What happens when you click on the bluetooth devices icon on control panel? can you add a com port? i was having lots and lots of trouble getting the bluetooth hotsync to work until I added a com port for a server through the control panel "Bluetooth Local Com" icon in control panel. I had been trying to go through the bluetooth settings program on the taskbar of my Dell 9300 with absolutely no luck. hope this helps.