Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    That's why the Zlauncher thing kind of kicks ***... ZL takes care of deleting the files over and over again. In addition, once I soft-reset, it isn't taking any time to switch back and forth into ZL. Not sure exactly how that works, might have been a function of the fact that I had a BIG mailbox before reading this thread and deciding to try this. Right now my phone is switching really fast, though, and I'm having no discernible delays except for the standard loading-from-card delay when switching into Versamail.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    "

Go under the Prefs in Chatter and select the "fast exit application for 700P option.

"Seems switching between apps is faster but switching OUT of chatteremail takes a good 5 or 6 seconds. I setup my imap and pop accounts and get about 10-20 messages in each."
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Deleting this file absolutely speeds things up. Unfortunately it causes obvious problems with using versamail. I also have snappermail. I prefer versamail because I can simply start typing a name on the To: line and it searches in real time. Snapper mail requires me to actually click or tap "To:" in order to search.
    Quote Originally Posted by souflshr View Post
    Deleting this file absolutely speeds things up. Unfortunately it causes obvious problems with using versamail. I also have snappermail. I prefer versamail because I can simply start typing a name on the To: line and it searches in real time. Snapper mail requires me to actually click or tap "To:" in order to search.
    I have Snapper 2.3.4.01. If you start typing the first name in the "To" field, it will take you to the email address.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I have Snapper 2.3.4.01. If you start typing the first name in the "To" field, it will take you to the email address.

Good Luck
    Say what??? Mine doesn't do this??? I have the same version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan View Post
    Say what??? Mine doesn't do this??? I have the same version.

Correction: type the first name then hit the space bar.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Snapper does have that option i used to use it everyday before i went over to Chatter
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Correction: type the first name then hit the space bar.
    OMG! I can't believe I didn't know about this. Thanks a lot! Versamail's autocomplete is still better but this is a step up.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Does Chatter have autocomplete?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    yes
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    I'm telling you guys try the chatter 30 day trial , you will not regret it ,its well worth the money, i dont know how i can use versa or snapper again. free updates for ever.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    I'm telling you guys try the chatter 30 day trial , you will not regret it ,its well worth the money, i dont know how i can use versa or snapper again. free updates for ever.
    I would definitely love to use chatter, but it won't support my huge pop mailbox. It says it's too large to be synced which is just weird because snapper does it effortlessly. Do you happen to know if this is still an issue?
    If you just delete the Versamail app in the category view and then install and use only Chattermail, will that solve the problem? I'm not sure how to delete the asc files and am looking for the simplest solution.
    Marc has stated there is a limitation to the inbox size, I just cannot find it at this time. Have you considered setting up boxes on the POP site and moving them around? I use Fastmail and recently started using Everyone.net/Chatteremail mail service (forwarding Fastmail to ChatterEmail.com) and IMAP is really a nice feature that ChatterEmail excels at.

Ben
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Well now I wish I had Versamail on my dog slow 700p (Verizon) just so I could remove it and get a speed increase! I guess I'll try moving things from RAM back onto the card with ZLauncher and see if that helps.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    With all the device does, I frankly do not worry about the speed. A second or two normally does not matter in the real world. I have had only one slow down and it happened shortly after I got my Sprint 700p - since then it has been consistent - not as fast as the 650 but still okay. Ben
    don't know if this has been posted or will help anyone else, but thought I'd share since I've been having delay/lag problems and seem to have fixed it. I followed everyone's instructions for fixing the lag with the Verizon logo appearing by hard resetting and clearing out all refernces to Versamail. That fixed the logo lag. But I was still getting a delay (white screen) when I opened the phone App. I've got a buddy here that has no issues whatsoever, so I tried duplicating his phone app preferences. Here's what I found:

I had set my "desktop" in phone app to show 7 rows of buttons. When I switched to the "dial pad" with 2 rows of buttons, I HAD ZERO DELAY opening the phone app.

I then switched back to "wallpaper" and 7 rows of buttons. 2 SECOND DELAY oopening phone app.

I checked my buddy's setup. He was using a photo as the background, that was taken with the camera in the phone and stored internally.

I took a picture, and loaded it as the background in the phone app. ZERO DELAY opening the phone app.

I turned on 7 rows of buttons, completely covering the photo, and had ZERO DELAY opening phone app.

The only conclusion I can draw is that there must be something wrong with loading the built-in wallpaper image for phone app. If I get rid of it either by selecting dial pad or a another photo, regradless of the number of buttons showing, I have no delay.

Also, on my phone, if I do a hard reset, I start with no delay opening phone app, which then lenghtens over weeks to be 2 seconds. Changing the background image away from the built-in wallpaper, instantly removes the delay in switching to phone app.

I have no idea if the delay will stay gone for weeks, but I think it's very telling that not using the built-in wallpaper seems to stop it.

Hope this helps someone.
    ^ Nice Tip!!! Very helpful.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    I tried that trick & thought it worked at first but upon further review... It seems that the white screen that comes up when switching to the phone app is reduced. However, you can't dial anything until one of the first favorite button becomes highlighted. It seems that it still takes the same amount of seconds for it to highlight. So even though the screen is displayed quicker, the highlighting takes longer resulting in the same time as having the dialpad. I timed it about 4-5 seconds either way.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I think the person who said that the phone app counting the number of emails in versamail slowing everything down is absolutely correct. You can see the phone app come up and then hang before it displays the number of new emails.

Palm has already stated this to be a memory access issue. I think it likely that the larger the Versamail database grows in memory, the longer it takes the phone app to scan through it & count up all the unread emails. Similarly versamail encounters the same problems when opening up. Maybe chattermail works better in response time because of the inbox size limitation.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast