Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    and last night I was listening to a RB station and reading an ebook, a skip to start and none after that. I guess eReader is not that demanding. Ben
    Being a newbie and reading this entire post I have some of the same questions others have asked but in some cases didn't get answers for.

One is: what are the file names that need to be deleted to get rid of GET BC?
    I did download the app. It does show up on the desktop to be selected for use. I can hide and unhide it with obfuscate. But the same name does not show up with FileZ. There is an app called GetGoodApp, creator gego - is that it? It actually shows up twice once in ROM and once with ROM button unchecked.

Someone asked about multimail - creator asc3. I found that in my list when filtering for asc3. Does that get deleted as well?

The following directions that were posted by someone trying to be very helpful need just a little tweak based on my experience with this issue.

[HTML]Originally Posted by dbodner
    - Open up FileZ (if you don't have it, get it)
    - Select PalmCard
    - Select View and Edit Files
    - Select Filter
    - Under the first option, select 'Creator'
    - Under the second option, select 'Begins With'
    - Enter in: asc[/HTML]

Line 2 and line 3 need to be reversed. (So I'm anal)

And one other helpful thing would be to uncheck ROM in the upper right hand corner of the card selection screen. This will allow you to see the files that you can actually remove and you won't have to mess with the rest.

And if no one responds to this post in the next hundred years I won't care because I will be dead. But I would really appreciate some assistance in clearing up the last couple items on my list, just in case I make it another hundred years.

Thanks for any help.

remltr
    thanks a lot i tried it last night and it really worked no more white screen or sprint logo lag in the phone application
    Guys, I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I'm running a 700p on VZW with just Chatter, Benchmark, and Butler. If it's taking 5-10 seconds to switch from one app to another, is that just a "fact of life" right now, or should I trade it in? I've eliminated asc3&4 files, and it's made pretty much no difference. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    i had del asc3 asc4... but it was still slow

then i del mm cache... and it made it much faster

awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by twobrain View Post
    i had del asc3 asc4... but it was still slow

then i del mm cache... and it made it much faster

awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Can amyone tell us what "mm cache" is?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    MultiMail Cache - it is the cache for Versamail.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Let me start by saying the first two 700p's I got were lagging a lot! The 3rd was not, or at least I thought not, because it was so much faster then the first 2.

I did notice though, when I would press the phone button, it would take a second or two to refresh "Verizon Wireless" on the top of my phone screen.

I use chatter and decided to give this thread a chance.

I deleted all as3, as4, anything that said "MM" in the beginning and VMnet logging from my 700p.

Then I deleted all the same files out of my palm backup folder.

Wow! The phone's network refreshing delay is gone and the response time is instant now. I can't believe this actually worked. I was happy before, as I didn't notice any other lagging, except exiting the web browser, which was fixed by disabling "clear cache on exit". But now I'm thrilled! Thanks for sharing!

--------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    This is why we really need a ROM tool for the 700p. I'm sure that some of the speed problems can be fixed. The database access bug can only be fixed by Palm, but hopefully they're working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    MultiMail Cache - it is the cache for Versamail.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    just to confirm, if I delete these MM files, I can no longer use Versamail?!?!
    And check in a couple of days to see if the asc4 files, MMIDCachex are back.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Let me start by saying the first two 700p's I got were lagging a lot! The 3rd was not, or at least I thought not, because it was so much faster then the first 2.

I did notice though, when I would press the phone button, it would take a second or two to refresh "Verizon Wireless" on the top of my phone screen.

I use chatter and decided to give this thread a chance.

I deleted all as3, as4, anything that said "MM" in the beginning and VMnet logging from my 700p.

Then I deleted all the same files out of my palm backup folder.

Wow! The phone's network refreshing delay is gone and the response time is instant now. I can't believe this actually worked. I was happy before, as I didn't notice any other lagging, except exiting the web browser, which was fixed by disabling "clear cache on exit". But now I'm thrilled! Thanks for sharing!

In regards to the delay that occurs in the phone app. I believe this is due to the app scanning the versamail database for new messages (it then displays a little envelope and # of new messages next to it). The delay is there even if there are no new messages found, but may increase as the # of emails stored increases. To get rid of the delay, the only file that has to be erased is "MultiMail Messages".
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    what does erasing multimail messages do??
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
    what does erasing multimail messages do??
    that's where versamail stores emails. obviously if one is using versamail this is not an acceptable solution. only other way to solve this would be to disable the phone app from parsing the file and displaying the # of new emails. try moving "multimail messages" to SD and notice the delay disappear, you can always move it back to main memory after trying this.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I checked for this but want to know if there is something I need(ed) to do to prevent these files from returning.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadShrink View Post
    To get rid of the delay, the only file that has to be erased is "MultiMail Messages".
    That did it for me!!

Thanx,
    Ron
    I do not use Versamail and on occasion find them on my 700p. I just delete them. In fact, the asc4 files are back. Ben
    For those of us who use Versamail and Zlauncher, I found a kind of okay workaround. Create a shortcut for versamail in Zlauncher, and then move that shortcut to the card. The good thing is, it makes accessing the phone app and switching away from phone much faster. The bad thing is, it makes switching to Zlauncher kind of painful. I think I'm going to leave my phone in this state, though, and see how well it works for me. The majority of my use is throiugh the quick access buttons (I think), so the slowdown in accessing zlauncher itself might be acceptable.
    After a while I get tired of deleting the files over..& over..& over again. I just leave 'em alone now, I'll wait for a fix? Yeah right, like we'll ever see that.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast